I would like a part time job...

gavan

But i have the world's wierdest schedule.

I work 24 hour shifts, on-off-on-off-on-off-off-off-off. (Wake County Paramedic, same as Raleigh Fire)

So, I work about 10 days a month. I would like to work my "inbetween" days and a couple of my off days, but the days always rotate... sometimes weekdays, sometimes weekends, whatever.

Sometimes, we have been up all night and it is probably unsafe for me to come in early, but i am usually fine after a couple of hours nap.

And, I like to take some four-day brakes off, and I have some classes I have to go to on other days. But, I usually know my schedule a month in advance.

I live in Chapel Hill, anywhere in the triangle is fine.

What I can do:

Build/Rebuild just about anything 4x4 related. I worked for a year in a 4x shop in PA. I can weld, grind, bolt just about anything. Kinda slow with setting up gears and bending tube, but I can do it.

Drive. I think I have driven just about everything non-cdl vehicle from racing a Miata to a driving a 26 foot box truck. I can pull a mean trailer, and I have no problems with using my truck to pull trailers. Also have no problem getting my CDL.

Paramedic. Would rather not be an EMT, i do it as a day job, but I am qualified...

Grunt Labor. I really dont mind it, I worked for a pool company and I have worked on an organtic vegetable farm.

Cook. I guess a degree in hotel-restaurant management should make me money someday...

So, anything there with a flexible schedule. I dont NEED a job, I WANT a job to keep me busy, so money isnt a huge deal.

Any ideas?

Rude ass, ugly, bastard heep driving POS...the dude is looking for some help and you wanna pull the "I'm better than you" smiley out:flipoff2: :flipoff2: Well, there is two for you...:D :D :D

But, back to the subject at hand...Gavan...Sorry, but I'm an under-employed (read: Self-un-employed) carpenter...nothing up your alley...But, I am local and will spread the word...

I may have a job for you. PM sent

Who the fawk are you?

Hey, heard you're looking to sell the pick-em-up.... got any idea what you'd want for it?

Who the fawk are you?
Hey, heard you're looking to sell the pick-em-up.... got any idea what you'd want for it?

i am just some noob:fuck-you: as for the pick up..... Its very fine line between keeping it and selling it. I dont *need* to sell it. But if the right offer came along I might. Bad thing is it has a lot of sentimental value to it and that is expensive.

Hit me with a pm if you want to find out how crazy I am with the price.

gavan said:
What I can do:
Build/Rebuild just about anything 4x4 related. I worked for a year in a 4x shop in PA. I can weld, grind, bolt just about anything. Kinda slow with setting up gears and bending tube, but I can do it.

Send me an email.

Jon

Rude ass, ugly, bastard heep driving POS...the dude is looking for some help and you wanna pull the "I'm better than you" smiley out:flipoff2: :flipoff2: Well, there is two for you...:D :D :D
But, back to the subject at hand...Gavan...Sorry, but I'm an under-employed (read: Self-un-employed) carpenter...nothing up your alley...But, I am local and will spread the word...
Hey, I can't knock the Pizza thing. I did it one summer to supplement my income for what I lost when school let out( I was a milk man) I worked 4 days a week, four hours at a time, and made average of $75 a night
I wasn't kidding Galen. I put myself through college delivering pizza at the beach. I made around $100 a night and the work schedule can be extremely flexible. Maybe I should have used a different smiley...:lol:

X2 what Chip said.

Maybe you need the kind of job you can do at your own pace, when you have time and set your own hours. Like medical transcription or similar.

Thanks for the suggestions and PM's, I think I have returned all of them.

LabRatGuy: I dont know much about those type fields. but I have been around enough doctors to know their talking is usually as bad or worse than thier writing. Sheesh. Dont you need a degree for that?

uglyjeepoffroad: I think gas prices kinda kill the money making oppertunities in delivery, besides, I have a F250, bad on diesel for short trips, as manuverable as a barge, (but can carry alot of pizzas), a Jeep that is missing several key things right now (like a body), and a Miata that can hold .73 pizzas at once if they are folded correctly. I think im out.

i know a LOT of fire fighters who have landscaping businesses. im sure you could find one that works the same shift as you and you could help them out. i also know a few that work for trash/dumpster companies delivering dumpsters to construction sites and what not.

Duane

Back