I hate jeep trannys

wheelNC94GC

So i was on my way home from uncc for thanksgiving break and all of a sudden my car jerks a clunks and i lose overdrive on 85S. So i pull over check the fluid ( which had backfired up out of the dipstick tube and was smoking on the engine) and it was low...so i let it cool alittle bit and put some more in it so the tranny wouldn't slip and what not. Drove 2 or 3 more miles in 3rd at about 50mph ( could tell something was seriously wrong) pulled over again and this time when i was slowing down off of the off ramp it started making an awful grinding noise so i pulled over checked things again and tried to move it and vuala! no reverse or drive at all! I was stuck in hickory for 6 hours untill my buddy came with his trailor and towed me home back to asheville. I was also on my way home to park it so i could order all of my parts to make my 4 link and front long arms BUT now i have this stupid transmission to deal with. Sorry but i needed to rant some. So if anyone has a transmission for a 94 gc 5.2L let me know!!!

Man,

I thought that this was going to be some bizarre NSFW thread. I am glad yet disappointed at the same time.

I am sad.
And disappointed that you STILL clicked the link thinking that?
Of course wasn't there a quote from Rich or someone talking about this being the forum for bondage?
OK I've disturbed myself now.

:lol:

As for rebuilding the trans, if you have the time, and space to spread everything out VERY carefully, it shouldn't be bad. Just take lots of pictures to make sure you put everything back the same way you took it apart.

Good luck.

Trannys aren't too hard to build. A lot of parts but fairly easy. Just make sure you soak the cluches if hydromatic and have a good clean place to work. I'd also change the converter & go through the pump. Make sure the converter goes in all the way.

I had a simular experience with mine after I did the exhaust header. It turned out the header burnt through the Crank Position Sensor Wire. I was in Baltimore. It took a few hours to fix the rig with over 100k miles on it. It honestly felt like the tranny was coming out on 95. The jerking was sickening. I'de hit the gas and get a rough studder. It really felt like the drivetrain but was a simple but complex fix. The space was tight, and the weather was working against us.

Back