I found some old pics...

Andy J.

Doin’ it LIVE
...from my first CTB ride circa 1999. My dad and I were in the silver CJ.

B3C63434-6280-41F0-B8C7-5B8D0E44C68A.jpeg

D49B1E5F-F3EF-4F58-A33B-DEC8807B056F.jpeg

6EC8939D-AE96-4A39-817F-0B21A10F2245.jpeg

5DE181F6-85B2-4833-B4C1-8DB08680C984.jpeg

2C5BDCEE-0FCC-44CB-B2D8-6E75E25B1E53.jpeg

A8A9FCFC-9F08-4D51-A051-DBAB1C36181E.jpeg

A79A229D-E65D-44E4-858A-05A510037F89.jpeg

Holy shit! That's my dad squatted down taking pictures. The one and only time he wheeled with me. We got home and the crazy zoom lens didn't do well. I have very few pictures that made it.
If you have any more at all I will gladly pay for reproductions.
That's my B2 all crossed up too!
Edit, if that's the Globe in the top it will confirm my pop. But in recolection I don't think I had axle swapped it yet.

Holy shit! That's my dad squatted down taking pictures. The one and only time he wheeled with me. We got home and the crazy zoom lens didn't do well. I have very few pictures that made it.
If you have any more at all I will gladly pay for reproductions.
That's my B2 all crossed up too!
Edit, if that's the Globe in the top it will confirm my pop. But in recolection I don't think I had axle swapped it yet.

I have more pictures, just didn't want to clog up the internets. I remember thinking how badass your B2 was at the time! The photos were taken with a potato, so not all of them turned out great, but I do have a couple more of your rig.

I have more pictures, just didn't want to clog up the internets. I remember thinking how badass your B2 was at the time! The photos were taken with a potato, so not all of them turned out great, but I do have a couple more of your rig.
Awesome. Even better if pops is in them. Seriously causing onions right now!

That top photo has Jason Watson (?) who had a full-size blue and white bronco at the time. Seems like he broke an axle or a hub on that trip. That's Ben's tan YJ and I think that's him sitting showing off that leg in the camping picture. I can't remember who's Samurai that is. I was thinking Dennis Vader, but wasn't Vader's Samurai black?

That top photo has Jason Watson (?) who had a full-size blue and white bronco at the time. Seems like he broke an axle or a hub on that trip. That's Ben's tan YJ and I think that's him sitting showing off that leg in the camping picture. I can't remember who's Samurai that is. I was thinking Dennis Vader, but wasn't Vader's Samurai black?
Jason Miller. Worked at Napa in downtown. Jason Lackey is in one and I think that one fella was a Walker. Miller had a pea green classic Bronco with a white top too! I don't know which vehicle Jason Lackey had at this time but I think it was a Blue and white classic Bronco or a white Toyota. Man these pics help me remember some stuff.

Ol, the Good Ol Day's! I Do remember those pictures, many faces, Parts of Pond Mtn. But other sections look more like Elkin/Saddle, or what the one in N.Wilksboro was. I was there too; finally found mine at the end of a parking line, just the nose sticking out. That's the Rides I Like! Not that fond of Rock Crawling.

Ol, the Good Ol Day's! I Do remember those pictures, many faces, Parts of Pond Mtn. But other sections look more like Elkin/Saddle, or what the one in N.Wilksboro was. I was there too; finally found mine at the end of a parking line, just the nose sticking out. That's the Rides I Like! Not that fond of Rock Crawling.

These could be from two different rides and they got thrown together in this same photo envelope.

So awesome to see old photos.

i also want to point out there doesn't look like there were many rigs on anything larger than 35” tires, so you current big tire folk just remember that at some point my rig was on big tires :D

Oh yeah, the V notches were in fact at Saddle Mtn. I only rode there one time and don't remember too much about it. It's funny seeing my pristine, Tan YJ on 31's. That's when 33's and 35's were the norm. That was probably 1997 or '98, maybe '99. Dylan mentioned that maybe it was the Globe, but it was not. The Globe had a thick overgrowth and was much tighter.
Ben Covington

Oh yeah, the V notches were in fact at Saddle Mtn. I only rode there one time and don't remember too much about it. It's funny seeing my pristine, Tan YJ on 31's. That's when 33's and 35's were the norm. That was probably 1997 or '98, maybe '99. Dylan mentioned that maybe it was the Globe, but it was not. The Globe had a thick overgrowth and was much tighter.
Ben Covington
I couldn't remember if it was '98 or '99. Given your post and mcutler's confirmation, it does appear to have been 1998.

Back