I am new here to Charlotte and looking for a place to Hunt.

SitNonBlocks

Does anyone on here have some property they would like to lease or any info on a place i can do some deer/turkey hunting. I will pay or trade custom turkey calls, give meat, ect....

Thanks in advance,
Ray

There are TONS of places.
Especially if you are willing to pay.
there are clubs all over that are looking for members.
Especially in SC, york and chester counties.

Of course you will need a SC license,
but this clsoe to the state line I carry a NC and SC always, just in case

If you don't feel like coming up with the $$$ to join a hunting club you can give the NC Game Lands a try. You can get a game lands map from any retailer that issues your hunting/fishing license. Then look for one close to you.

The game lands can get crowded though. One good tip for hunting them is to take a map of the area you plan to hunt and highlight an area 400 yards on either side of a road that you can drive a truck or OHV vehicle down. Then hunt past these areas. You can carry your climbing stand and your deer out on a two wheeled big game cart. Once you get past the 400 +/- yard area you will mostly have the place to yourself.

<><Fish

Thanks guys for the tips, I hope i get a good bite. I have no issue hunting Turkey on public land. Hunting deer with high powered rifles on public lands has always scared me a bit. But i would love to go hunting somewhere safe.

Ray

Back