Hydroboost or Navajo Booster

FELNTPSY

So, did a search, found nothing. I've read some things over on Pirate4x4, but my head hurts now.

I'm running dana 60's front chevy calipers and disks, rear ford calipers with e-brake and discs.....on a Scrambler with 38's running 350 carbed with Holley Truck avenger (love the carb btw).. (weighs in around 4500-4800 lbs. max).

What are ya'lls thoughts on hydroboost (vanco or some flavor) vs. the Off Again Navajo booster. Anybody run either with this set up?

Looking for some thoughts and experience with both or either.

Thanks,

I don't know about hydroboost but Harold Off is one of the best guys I know. He know's jeeps inside and out. If you have the cash buy the Navajo booster. Its a bolt up solution and works awesome.

on anything with a carb, I'd run manual brakes. It's not unheard of to get yourself in a situation where it won't re-fire, and you have to back down while on the brakes. Vacuum or hydro only give you a few pumps...

Hydroboost brakes can adversely affect your steering when you are on the brakes, not sure if the common flow mods help with this enough. Sure is noticable on my Dodge.

Just my $.02.

If you've got an auto with deep gears, you might want power brakes for the ease of application, but I've been running a manual brake setup for 3 years on 35's and 38's and it works very well once the components are properly sized. ;)

We carry the Vanco stuff(Hydroboost and vac-assist) and it has been top notch. I would probably say go with the vac assist stuff for what you are running. Hydroboost will require a damn good power steering pump, typical mods don't normally give you enough reliably. We use the PSC P-pumpson all of our hydroboost setups. Vanco recommends PSC stuff for their setups.

If I can help with anything just give a yell.

Thanks
Andy

Back