Hurculine My Trailer Bed??

Aggressive1

Anybody see a reason not to hurculine my trailer bed? I've got a steel trailer thats 20' long and the surface is diamond plate. But the diamond plate is kind of layered, so there are seams. The paint is worn off and the bed is rusting so I need to get it protected asap. I'm afraid If I just paint it it'll wear right back off. So what about hurculiner? It has a sandpaper finish which should not destroy all traction when loading and its thick so it will seals the seams nicely. It says it resists chemichals such as oil (which is good with all the leaks I have) and I know bedliners are pretty tuff. But the stuff is like $89.99 a gallon which covers 60 square feet. My trailer is 140 square feet total, so it should take more than 2 gallons. So I want to make sure I'm not wasting my money.

id just paint it with some brush on rustolium. Based on the trailers ive had the origianly paint doesn't last that long... I think the herk would work but if you use your trailer to drag stuff onto the trailer it might rip up and be harder to repair/paint.

My wife and I were just talking about the same thing this weekend. Since I'm always dragging crap onto my trailer that doesn't have axles, it wouldn't work for me - I like the deck to be slick (I would not have diamond plate if I were given the choice again). But if you're always going to be hauling something with wheels on it, I think it's a great idea.

for dragging stuff on/off, a small 12" square of plywood under the 'hot spots' works super. i think diamond plate looks much beter over time for somthign that gets used, downside being the Xs gets the paint wore off pretty quick...

Yesterday I winched a Blazer with no axles onto my trailer. It was tough to keep the pieces of wood where I wanted them, when working by myself. With someone helping, it may have been easier. I ended up with only one piece of wood in place once the truck was on the trailer. I got tired of winching, fixing the wood, winching, moving the wood, over and over. If I had used bigger pieces it probably would have worked better.

The reason I don't like the diamond plate - it is harder to winch stuff over. Things without wood under them (like the spring center pins, or a leaf spring hanger) would slide easier on a slick deck. But a slick deck would be *slick*, especially when wet - dangerous to walk on.

how about some pics of the finished product?

Sure will. Gonna get the tool box mounted tonight as well as new tires and spare wheels. Sent the wife to Tractor supply to get a new jack for it, but they didn't have any in stock so looks like I will have to wait on that part.

Back