How much winch line for an 8274?

drkelly

Dipstick who put two vehicles on jack stands
I'm going to replace the old steel cable on my 8274 with some 3/8" winch line. What length should I buy? 100'? 125'? 150'?

100ft is fine. It'll hold a lot more, but it won't pull as hard. You also don't have to worry much about how it wraps if you stick to 100ft. It can all pile up on one side of the drum if that's what's needed.

If you're worried about needing a longer pull, carry a separate extension.

I'm going to replace the old steel cable on my 8274 with some 3/8" winch line. What length should I buy? 100'? 125'? 150'?

I used to not like the idea of only having 50’ of rope on my dads warn short drum, but over the past couple years I’ve changed my stance.

I have 100’ feet and rarely used more than half.

On his with 50’ only ever been on the last wrap of the drum once.

Then if you are ever needing more, it’s easy to use a long 30’ strap as a tree saver to hook onto the end of the rope instead of a 6’ tree saver.

In my toolbox, I keep about 30’ of rope that was cut off someone’s rig, that I tied loops at the end just in case. I’ve never had to use it.

With 100' i still had plenty of line to use a snatch block to pull a truck on a trailer with my jeep. I vote for the 100'. It fits really good.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Back