How much have you towed before ?

towing

I came back from the farm the other day with a T250 bobcat and timberaxe ax73 on our 14k trailer. The load was around 16.5klbs. and the Tundra pulled it at 75 with the cruise on with no problem. Well 7mpg may be a problem lol. A great trailer with great brakes made the ride alot better.

94 Suburban k1500 5.7L automatic. Stock except for helper airbags in rear.
ai244.photobucket.com_albums_gg14_mybigwarwagon_beast_Photo_092408_001.jpg

ai244.photobucket.com_albums_gg14_mybigwarwagon_beast_Photo_092308_002.jpg

Don't remember what this weighed but it was lighter than it looks.

94 K2500 7.4l 4wd
ai244.photobucket.com_albums_gg14_mybigwarwagon_94burb_Combine.jpg

2.4 tons of #5 gravel hauled from my local yard many many years ago. Can't believe I had my old work truck so shiny back then now looking at these pics? Beafed rear springs / wheel well lip removed for rear tires. The rest - pure 1/2 ton '76 F-100. Axle was rested on the frame all the way home except for the big bumps I hit that bounced it a little. :bounce2: Dude slipped at the yard and overloaded me. This load was unintentional but I went with it just to know my limits (to know I have no limits). :lol:
I've worked the dogshit out of this truck now. I know several members that can boutch for this amazing truck. It's been well worth the initial $700 investment. All original drivetrain still going strong after 16 years of hard working and put up wet to dry.

Attachments

• 2TON#5.jpg
    2TON#5.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 733
  • ROCK_BOTTOM.jpg
    ROCK_BOTTOM.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 753
I've hauled swing beef in a overhead rail reefer, 1 patriot missile launcher, APC's with full ammo, 60ft I beams on 48 ft spread axel flat, pulled reefer for 7 years out of southern california solo (49 trips from Ca.-N.Y.C. in 52 weeks) coil steel out of chicago and so on. And as WITCHDOCTER said, Black Mtn. and Fancy Gap are speed bumps!

My buddy Clubbs yanked this home from an auction the other day, never weighed it though the book says 12,500

Attachments

• 100_0144.jpg
    100_0144.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 653
  • 100_0148.jpg
    100_0148.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 764
I've hauled roughly 20k gross weight (5500 capacity forklift) with my 1500 Sierra but only around 10 miles. Also hauled a school bus with my dad's 2500 duramax, gross weight for that was around 26k.

My 83 has done #7000, yes it was safe. Properly distributed and everything. Plus it was only 10 miles down a smooth straight country road to the dump. My 88 I've only had since May, it hauled #3000 of scrap metal and that's it. Nothing else.

My old stock 84 K10 6.2/700R4 had a bed full of logs(#1500) and a #1500 trailer with about #2000 on it. Towed it fine. I had piss and vinegar then, so all of my driving was foot to the floor. :shaking:

I was max weight last week with a F650 and a mini ex. Such a narrow mountain road I had to unload the ex and swing the trailer around a curve, then load it back up. Oh and it was raining :rolleyes:.

I was max weight last week with a F650 and a mini ex. Such a narrow mountain road I had to unload the ex and swing the trailer around a curve, then load it back up. Oh and it was raining :rolleyes:.

Your nose is getting longer. Pics mike or I'm calling bull poop. :)

No pics for ya big money!

I will probably pick up the machine later this week. MAYBE if I think about how important you are I will get a pic of the rig and that damn turn.

Been towing two vehicles on a 30ft gooseneck on a regular basis for a while now....heaviest load so far was 23,500 gross, 2 big vans, one a camper, damn trailer brakes were on the fritz,too(since found broken wire) that was fun. :lol:

97 12v 5spd Dodge with only the free/cheap mods and 4.10's..no problems, and even 15.7 mpg out of a tank awhile back..all towing.

Been towing two vehicles on a 30ft gooseneck on a regular basis for a while now....heaviest load so far was 23,500 gross, 2 big vans, one a camper, damn trailer brakes were on the fritz,too(since found broken wire) that was fun. :lol:

97 12v 5spd Dodge with only the free/cheap mods and 4.10's..no problems, and even 15.7 mpg out of a tank awhile back..all towing.

Hows that new truck pull with it? Any mods?

Hows that new truck pull with it? Any mods?
Only thing thats been on the trailer yet is my Honda. (Total weight was prob under 15k.)The trailer weighs more than it does. ha ha

I do have to move my Dodge very soon(Neighborhood assn says its too ugly) so that will be a bit more of a test. Will be just short of what its rated Combined. ~20k lbs.

Truck is 100% stock

I used to pull a 3 car wedge years ago in the summers during school,with a 6spd 7.3 dually. Largest I pulled was when I borrowed it from the boss to go wheeling. We had a YJ on tons, Chevy k5 and a Cherokee on 36s.

well, if it has to be all technical, this is the heaviest i've ever towed:

tow.jpg

277,000 some lbs. of airplane + about 125,000 lbs of fuel and a top speed of 5mph

just drug this home last weekend. The hoe is in the misc for sale section...

ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb367_mudndodge_deere_20310d_0913141430a_zpsa1a754d7.jpg

Granted I only towed it about 4 miles total, but the clutch in my dodge was out. The old cherokee was not happy. tractor weighs 7000lbs with the loader on it (took off to tow) but with the box blade and trailer i would figure I was around 7500

uploadfromtaptalk1411682175386.jpg

Last edited:
I used to pull a 3 car wedge years ago in the summers during school,with a 6spd 7.3 dually. Largest I pulled was when I borrowed it from the boss to go wheeling. We had a YJ on tons, Chevy k5 and a Cherokee on 36s.

I hauled one of them wedgies a few times before too. It was actually what gave me the confidence I needed to expand my new tow rig search to include the 7.3 Ford. This was the owners 95 C+C 2wd F350 7.3/Auto with almost 400k IIRC. Pullled and handled much better than I expected.
wedge.jpg

And I recently put a decent load on the new to me F250. Honestly still feel I should have bought a dually, but I am hoping some soon to come SRW 19.5s will help bridge the gap.

250.jpg

I worked for an auction company in high school. That guy had one of the short shipping containers on a mobile home frame with three mh axles. I pulled it with his cc drw 91 f350 7.3 idi 5 speed. I rolled across the recycle yard scales at 31k lbs and change. I find it funny when people talk about needing more power to tow with. The 7.3 idi only made about 350 foot lbs but never seemed inadequate.

Back