How many of you camp with 2-3 dogs?

If it's over 30,000 pounds you can tax it out as a second home and file the interest off your taxes. Chip is correct, you can buy a used motor home cheaper than you can buy a one ton crew cab dually, save a ton on tags and insurance. The other things that comes with the motor home package is generator,Air Condition, furnace, refrigerator, toilet, dry bed, kitchen, awning, and a lot of storage. All of these things are built in and stay in the MH. I carry 1 dog with us camping and he s not allowed to bark.

Well, I moved MD with just the dogs and living in an apartment. The wife and kids are still in NC for now. The dogs have adapted to apartment life quicker than I thought. They are getting much better on their leashes. I also took them on a 10 mile hike last weekend. We have no issues when passing other people, but they still freak out when passing other dogs. As soon as I spot another dog I take my pups off the side of the trail and hang out while they act like dorks until the others go by. I'm not sure how to get them to stop this. Two of them just pull and want to get to the other dogs, but Levi barks and pulls. I have not problems handling them, but it is annoying and a bit embarrassing.

Oh, and I'm not looking for a trailer or motorhome anymore.....at least not for awhile. My deployment ended abruptly and a lot earlier than expected, so it is not in the finances. We will be tent camping if we go at all this year,

I have taken my dogs camping a few times, but that was before my daughter was born. I don't think I could manage a 10mth old and two dogs at once. My dogs are well behaved for the most part. Somehow they have a talent for finding bear crap or a dead animal and rolling in it. NO inside the tent!!!

On the off chance that they don't smell like death I have had luck with them sleeping off a leash under the vestibule. Most of my camping is done in wilderness settings though, I don't think that it would work well in a camp ground.

Welcome home koolaid5!

Back