honda rear axel bearings

tracker

I've looked at the honda rear in suspention and woundered how often do you have to replace the axel bearings?
It looks, to me, that mud holes and water would cause a lot of problems.

I've looked at the honda rear in suspention and woundered how often do you have to replace the axel bearings?
It looks, to me, that mud holes and water would cause a lot of problems.
Assuming you're talking about a live axle, it's no worse than any other quad. Carrier bearings are a wear item and will eventually need replaced on any quad. That said, I haven't had to replace them on my '04 400EX yet, but I do try to avoid water as much as possible.

I care

I have an artic cat 2005 400 4x4, with a starter going bad. My local dealer wants $442.00 for this hunk of parts.
When it hits me in the ass pocket like that, I think long and hard about it.

Can't you just have the starter rebuilt? Find a Parts Unlimited dealer and see if they can order a starter rebuild kit for you.

As for the rear axle bearings in a Honda. It just depends on how and where you ride it. When I had my Foreman, I rode it in mud everytime we went riding. But I kept a close eye on the bearings between rides and always cleaned the mud out of the seals and kept the seals packed with grease.

i made a set of tools for the axle nuts on the 400ex i had back in the day if anyone wants to buy them i went through three sets of bearings when i lived in florida

Back