HOLY CRAP WTH,

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by marty79, Jul 30, 2020 at 9:17 AM.

1. marty79

marty79 Well-Known Member Banned Twice Already

so last night 3am our German shepherd is going ballistic...we hear metal banging sounds...possible gun shots half a sleep wife believed it was gun shots...go to door, open screen door and our K9 broke her chain and was going towards the woods after someone...I called her back over and she came, hair all standing up and being in full attack/alert mode.
    I go back in to get clothes on and talk to wifey to calm her down, by the time 6-7min later go back out, cops everywhere. Couple people shot up our neighbors house WTH...praise God the woman and child in there didn't get hit....appears they unloaded 10-15rounds through all the windows in every room. Freaking looked like a major crime scene. I told the cops in what direction Aleya was chasing someone and half them went looking....then they were checking out the 7 jeeps I have parked in a row making sure nobody hiding out in them. Freaking crazy night. So needless to say, we will be now looking for another place lol, wife and daughter pretty shook up over this and her anxiety was through the roof...mine too to be honest.
    We're in a not so descent neighborhood in town but only moved here for "business opportunity" with someone but that won't be happening...back to finding a place back out in the country where I love living and not dealing with such possibilities. Freaking crazy

2. marty79

little back story, the guy who lived in that house was found dead in his new place yesterday....so they believe they were sent to his old house, next to us, to take out his girl who they thought lived here still. When in reality, this new girl with her baby live there and her boyfriend...nice younger couple who seem to be doing good. I mow their lawn and have been very nice so I feel really bad for her. She said she felt the bullets going by her legs when in the room and she belives the dog going crazy was enough to alert her to wake up few seconds before shots started otherwise might have been asleep and been worse...Aleya did her awesome job as usual to be so alert and a kick ass K9 guard dog!!

3. shelby27604

shelby27604 Well-Known Member

Crazy! Are you renting or did you buy where you are?
    Hope the dog made it out OK, this is one of the many reasons I want to move somewhere I can't see my neighbors, I never liked the idea of being visited by the life problems of others.
    I am happy to roll the dice with whatever problems I serve myself, and whatever randomness arises in said location.

4. JSJJ388

JSJJ388 GREEN GREMLIN

That's nuts.

5. marty79

Dog is ok, we are renting only thank goodness

rodney eppes and shelby27604 like this.
  6. drkelly

drkelly Dipstick who put two vehicles on jack stands

Woah! That is crazy! Glad to hear everyone is OK.

7. kaiser715

kaiser715 Doing hard time

That can happen in any neighborhood. More likely in some, but...

We had a shooting several years ago in our old neighborhood. Around 22 houses, all starter-type homes, 115-140k. Ethnic mix, but all working folks. One night we had a woman shot and killed. She had cleaned up her act, after her ex went to prison, and was doing good. He was telling everybody as soon as he got out, he was going to kill her. Two weeks after he got out, he shot her in front of her kids (teenagers at the time).

Same scenario, cops everywhere, running every which way, searching everywhere.

8. marty79

True but in the rural is where I belong, away from people nobody to worry about. If someone comes around, it's a whole different situation. Nobody will know lol

9. paradisePWoffrd

paradisePWoffrd Recovering Project Junkie

John, give me a shout if you find something around here. Ive lived in the area a long time and cant try to steer you in the right direction. Rental property in the area is in demand and hard to find these days.

marty79 likes this.
  10. rodney eppes

rodney eppes Well-Known Member

That same shit happens every week or more, in certain Charlotte neighborhoods! Just a night or two ago, a Black lady's house was shot up, & her child inside was hit. Of course, no one knows why or anything!

11. 13bullets

13bullets Chris

My aunt and uncle live in Charlotte off Ashley Rd. Their neighbor's house was shot up like this. Strange thing is the neighbors are older, not involved in any gang or illicit activity like you would think in these scenarios. Cops said they think it's random, maybe gang initiation or something. :shaking:

rodney eppes likes this.
  12. WARRIORWELDING

WARRIORWELDING Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.

Maybe a new business venture. Radar tracked, gun shot activated front lawn defense. Its been a thing to drive by and shoot up places, another "wtf"..........chicken shit mentality of a statement. Convictions should equal attempted murder or worse.

rodney eppes likes this.
  13. tknopp

tknopp Well-Known Member

thugs probably had the wrong address. It happens. They are not very smart you know.

14. marty79

Dam, crazy ass people in a crazy world

rodney eppes likes this.
  15. Jody Treadway

Jody Treadway Croc wearing fool Moderator

I'm glad you and your family are safe. Truly.
    But I gotta ask...you keep your dog chained?

16. braxton357

braxton357 Robot

Not very well if it makes it any better.

rodney eppes, Reid, Oneofsix and 3 others like this.
  17. marty79

well not like what you're thinking...I'm totally against that.
    During the day she's free to roam and play and go anywhere on the property, hangs out with me mostly while I work and play ball and stuff throughout the day..even when I leave to get parts sometimes I leave her loose...she knows her boundary very well.
    at night we either bring her in or sometimes leave her out cause well, she likes being outside better than in. She only gets put on this 60ft runner cable that she has broken several times and that's the whole point..something to keep her at bay but can break it when she needs to. I used to let her be free at night but we're in the city now, people walk around the neighborhood a lot down our street so she's on the runner just for that reason. Having that said, she goes on the runner around 11ish and I'm up at 5am so it's not too long.

rodney eppes likes this.
  18. marty79

read my reply, there's a reason for that.
    I've never understood people who chain up dogs...nevertheless on a big ass chain they can't break. When a situation arises, doesn't do any good for the dog to be tied down and can't move/attack/run/whatever if they're on a unbreakable leash, just my way of thinking anyways. Maybe it works for some but I'm not putting my dog tied down helpless, I want her to be able to break free if and when she really needs to.
    And no she can't just snap the runner cable like a twig either, she has to really want to get off that thing and twice now she's done with for same reason...someone was on the property and doing her job!

rodney eppes likes this.
  19. GotWood

GotWood Sayer of Fact

I'll confirm that's a well loved and cared four dog!

20. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Motarded

Careful now. Many a dogs have been shot by popo serving a warrant at the wrong address

:cool:

13bullets likes this.