Hobby Town in hickory, new owner

HAPPY

Mike B.
I ran down to Hobby Town in Hickory the other day for some Deans connectors. I had all but stopped going down there because of unpredictable service and poor stock.

The place had been rearranged, they have no built RC's on display. They have fewer RC cars / trucks for sale.

After talking to the guy behind the counter I found out he was the new owner and said he was gonna try to get the place going better. He was really nice and willing to help.

I'm not sure if the fewer RC's are due to him or the previous owner. What he did tell me was, he was going to put more emphasis on plane stuff because sales were lacking in that department. I asked him if low sales was due to low interest or low stock. He didn't really have an answer.

Every time I ask him about RC crawler parts the conversation somehow made it back to planes.

Looks like it's going from bad to worse, looks like I will be getting ALL my stuff from e-bay now.

I really hate that because I like to buy local. I would love to buy all my stuff there, but between the price, the drive down there and having to order EVERYTHING because he has no stock..... I kinda don't have a choice.

Bummer. I kept getting emails about them having new management but didn't really think that would change anything. The old management used to have races every saturday/sunday behind the store. Never made it down for one but always wanted to go. Surprised the plane stuff is lacking in sales. There is a club that's local, flies at an old runway somewhere around Hickory.

When I was there there was a lot less of customer rc cars and equipment in back. What was there was in boxes. It was the first time ever I was there and there wasn't a few locals tinkering. Looked to me like he has ran them off. Im sure that's gonna hurt his business.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Bummer. I kept getting emails about them having new management but didn't really think that would change anything. The old management used to have races every saturday/sunday behind the store. Never made it down for one but always wanted to go. Surprised the plane stuff is lacking in sales. There is a club that's local, flies at an old runway somewhere around Hickory.
They fly planes in Rhodhiss. It's actually an old drag strip off the Airport/Rhodhiss Rd.or Cape Hickory rd. I always get them mixed up.

When I was there there was a lot less of customer rc cars and equipment in back. What was there was in boxes. It was the first time ever I was there and there wasn't a few locals tinkering. Looked to me like he has ran them off. Im sure that's gonna hurt his business.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Did they ditch the Warhammer stuff? Never understood why that was there, when there is a comic book shop literally 5 minutes away.

They fly planes in Rhodhiss. It's actually an old drag strip off the Airport/Rhodhiss Rd.or Cape Hickory rd. I always get them mixed up.

Yeah thats the one I was talking about! The drag strip! Ive been there once, but never remember where it is.

I don't remember seeing any tables set up in back. I think he ran all the locals off.

Back