Help with 4 link calc

GearHead11

Just picked up a samurai with a 4 linked rear. He didn't build it with a calc so I pulled all the measurements and was going to run the numbers but I don't have excel on my laptop. Can someone run these numbers and screenshot the results and post up? I'd really appreciate it.

full

Just realized I forgot to measure vertical separation. I will get those tomorrow

Are you link length #s the distance from bolt center to bolt center?

It would be better to measure the distance from axle centerline to each mount, as viewed horizontally from the side.

And a height measurement to the upper bellhousing bolt

Also need these numbers:
Wheelbase
Tire Diameter
Tire Rolling Radius
CG (the upper bell housing bolt height that @Mac5005 referred too)
Rig Weight

Just guessing on some of the numbers but this is what I have so far.

Attachments

• Jacob's 4 link.JPG
    Jacob's 4 link.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 244
Are you link length #s the distance from bolt center to bolt center?

It would be better to measure the distance from axle centerline to each mount, as viewed horizontally from the side.

And a height measurement to the upper bellhousing bolt

Yes bolt center to bolt center. I'll pull a bell housing measurement this Evening if I can get in there.

Also need these numbers:
Wheelbase
Tire Diameter
Tire Rolling Radius
CG (the upper bell housing bolt height that @Mac5005 referred too)
Rig Weight

Wheelbase is 100"
Tire diameter is 37"
Not sure on the rolling radius

Just guessing on some of the numbers but this is what I have so far.

Most of those look pretty close. I was thinking the uppers need to be longer and come down some on the frame side. 9% anti squat seems very low. Isn't the goal for most applications 60-80%? I haven't driven it other than around my neighborhood but the rear seems to stay level under acceleration but then again it's a 1.3L so it has no power

Yes bolt center to bolt center. I'll pull a bell housing measurement this Evening if I can get in there.

Wheelbase is 100"
Tire diameter is 37"
Not sure on the rolling radius

It's much easier to input data if you measure from axle center line forward to bolts, measuring link lengths is across 2 angles, and doesn't define location.

Measure distances as if view horizontally from side view.

Most of those look pretty close. I was thinking the uppers need to be longer and come down some on the frame side. 9% anti squat seems very low. Isn't the goal for most applications 60-80%? I haven't driven it other than around my neighborhood but the rear seems to stay level under acceleration but then again it's a 1.3L so it has no power

Get some more accurate mount measurements from the center line like Mac said. It's very easy to change A/s without much link mount location movement.

Will do thanks fellas.

Back