Harlin, KY

Rob

Administrator
Administrator
I've a friend asking if it's worth an 8 hour drive to wheel there. Having never been, I told him I would ask. Any opinions?

IF it's 8 hours for him then so would Tellico I guess. I would say yes. Wait till spring or later. Lots of trails, and lots of difficult ones too. I broke and didn't get to enjoy all of them. But as of yet, I hadn't heard anyone say they didn't like it

i am leaving tomorrow for harlan for a few days. i will get some pics and post up when i get back. it will be my first trip to harlan and i am pretty excited!

ill let you know what i think when i get back.

I've been to Tellico, Harlan, Uwharrie, DPG, Callalantee, Cracker's Neck (now closed), and probably a few more that I can't think of. Harlan is the best place on that list.

One upside is that about half of the hard trails have bypasses that allow you to get the tow rig nearby in case of breakage or simply to let the mildly built rigs tag along.

I'd say yes, although I don't know what he wheels. I've been twice now and plan on going back 3 or 4 times this year. The place has some of the best wheelin I can think of on the east coast. Any first timer should find someone to show them around, the place is BIG. The maps are pretty good but...

x4 on the yes! If you're piedmont NC or east it's a long way to anywhere but Harlan is definately on the to do list along with Tellico and Windrock in that area.

Back