Harlan, Ky Offroad Park Grand Opening

FREE to ride the park.
Camping yes
not sure yet if their is a charge for this.

Motel Info:
Holiday Inn Express,10min from trailhead, 800.465.4329,606.573.3385
Mount Aire Motel, 10 min from trailhead, 800.988.4660.606.573.4660,www.mountairemotel.com
Valley View Lodge,606.573.3808, 10 min from trailhead.
Cumberland Motel,40 min from trailhead,606.589.2181
School House Inn,40 min from trailhead,606.848.3000
Cumberland Plaza,40 min from trailhead, 606.589.4911
RV parks coming, plenty of primtive camping on trails.
www.harlancounty.com info about our area

Shoope...good to have you back!!

I'm thinkin I'm gonna make that ride for June Shoope. Works perfect for my schedule. Can;t wait to see the trails. I'll be in WV for July4th riding in the Childrens Charity Jamboree with Bobby and the Mountaineer boys.
JB

For anyone that wants to come.
would you please post up the the KYMC Thread

that way the club can see how many is coming and know what their up against.
Glad this is of interest. We have put alot of time into this project and need people to come and wheel. We just got an additional 1200 acreas to put us about 7200 acreas. We are also getting close to another 800-3000 more acreas.

How many of you are thinking about coming.

We are trying to figure out a rough Idea.

Here is some vendors that are going to help out.

Vendors Prizes
One of the main Prizes up for grabs will be a Warn 9.5 series winch.
Also we will have (3) Warn Recovery Bags.

www.whaleyent.com is donating a set(2) of 3" lap belts from MnR products.

www.migoffroad.com is going to donate (2) Hi-lift Jacks.

www.TwistedDV.com is donating some Rockcrawling DVD's

www.2020ssi.com is going to donate a couple cd's of their bend-tech software.

www.roarkfabworks.com Is going to donate a rear bumper for a YJ/TJ
He will have some additional stuff.

www.bluetorchfab.com Is going to come set up with one of their rigs and do some raffle prizes.

Appalachian Offroad is also going to come and help us out as well.
He has stated that they will for now do an optima battery and some add a leaves.
606-474-7245 is their info right now.

thinking about it, damn sure wanting to, not quite sure that the dates will work out though. i'll post this over on my club's forum and see what kinda response it gets over there too. good luck with the turnout you guys have been working hard! i will be up there before year's end, just not sure about those dates yet.

brandon

shoope, you can count me and one other vehicle as a tentative right now. little too soon to be definite. i hate i had to miss the last ride due to motor trouble. motor is in my trooper now and running 2k miles strong, so i should be able to make it.

good.
Look what Warn is giving us for the event...

xd9000_399.jpg

KentuckyMountainCrawler said:
good.
Look what Warn is giving us for the event...

xd9000_399.jpg

OH MY ! That would fit the back of my Jeep just DANDY ! :)

OK, so who is planning on going to this ? As of now I am. I would encourge everyone else NOT to attend so as to increase MY chances at winning some of the great prizes the folks are putting together. I will remind everyone that URE WILL be open that weekend..... :D
JB

What are the MAIN days for the wheeling ? Fri & Sat or Sat & Sun ? What night is the dinner. Just trying to make plans.
Thanks
J(going to KY)B

Rockeater said:
What are the MAIN days for the wheeling ? Fri & Sat or Sat & Sun ? What night is the dinner. Just trying to make plans.
Thanks
J(going to KY)B

Sorry for the late post.
I'd say the main days is Saturday 4th and Sunday the 5th.
Friday will be a big wheeling day but most people will be setting up camp and such. Their may be less on the trails friday if you want to see and do more.
Saturday we are fixing a $10. BBQ Ribs dinner with a 1 raffle ticket drawing for mystery prizes. Dinner will start at 6pm and the raffles will start at 7:30.

Raffles will be a buck each.

Any campgrounds in Harlen ? I'm coming up with a small pop up camper and really just need a little electricity. I'll have plenty of water, just need jucie.
Thanks
JB

Rockeater said:
Any campgrounds in Harlen ? I'm coming up with a small pop up camper and really just need a little electricity. I'll have plenty of water, just need jucie.
Thanks
JB

shot you a pm.

We will have a campground opened for the event.
Their is camping sites on the park, but most isn't trailer friendly.

KentuckyMountainCrawler said:
shot you a pm.

We will have a campground opened for the event.
Their is camping sites on the park, but most isn't trailer friendly.

can you shoot me some details on the campground, primitive style?

Just got my campsite reservations. They only had 2 left. Can't wait to go. Anyone else going to this grand opening June 3,4,5 ?
JB

Back