Got to vent

MR. GADGET

Sorry but got to vent, Back in Oct I killed the largest deer I have had a chance to get, its an 8 pt er...
Took it to a place to be cut up, I did not feel good that night, most of the time I do my own. This Guy has a shop in Louisburg and does them, Long story short I was just going to cut the rack off and carry it with me but he said that he needed the cape because the guy before me cut his up and wanted to cape and cut the horns off and mount them for me if he could have the cape Free of charge..
The short of it is after a lot of asking about the rack he now told me it may be lost and I was SOL and he could not find them and was not going to do anything about it.
After talking to the people at NCWRC they said that he was on there bad list and they had been checking him out and would look into it for me. Nothing yet from them...
What is a person to do when it comes to people like this...
It would be like taking a rig into a shop then you get a call to come get it and bring a trailer because your tires are gone but you on your own.......
This just sucks and it has been going on for a long time with his story about any day we will have the mount back, then on to your SOL and it sucks to be you.
What you think???? I can't say what I want to do but anyone have any pointers...

Jon

What an ass hat...

About the only thing responsible to do (which isnt nearly as gratyfying as beating the ever living shit outta someone) is just make sure you tell everyone you know about his practices.

Face it I dont care how many mounts you do, an 8 doesnt just get "lost"..it may have gotten thrown out or given to the wong person, but not lost

What an ass hat...
About the only thing responsible to do (which isnt nearly as gratyfying as beating the ever living shit outta someone) is just make sure you tell everyone you know about his practices.
Face it I dont care how many mounts you do, an 8 doesnt just get "lost"..it may have gotten thrown out or given to the wong person, but not lost

Yep that is my thought. THe bad thing is the I hunt for meat not a mount but everything this year was real small and I have seen a lot of bucks so I took a nice one and would place the horns on the gun room to show the kids when they come over they love to see stuff like that...
The place is Pearce's Custom Processing in Louisburg.
I will never be back in that place and I hope the law does get him. I talked to WRAL 5 on your side and they said that they would get back with me if they can help.
Jon

Jon that Sucks
I got a 9 point Black Tail Deer when I lived in Cali I I would havbe been Pissed if somthing like that happen to me.

Also is that the place you showed me that was near your hunting land?

:uzi: :handed: I can't stand people like the one described. Does a ball bat & a blanket give you any ideas?

Anyone ever done anything using WRAL 5 on your side??
or small claims court? it was in Franklin County would it need to go to court there or where I live?

Jon

Anyone ever done anything using WRAL 5 on your side??
or small claims court? it was in Franklin County would it need to go to court there or where I live?
Jon

Small claims would have to be in the jurisdiction the transaction occurred.

Unfortunately, since it was a free job, you are not going to be able to get a refund, and you will be hard pressed to place a tangible value on deer antlers. Good Luck, go for it, just be prepared.

if nothing else you could probably inconvenience him by having to spend a day in court

Small claims would have to be in the jurisdiction the transaction occurred.
Unfortunately, since it was a free job, you are not going to be able to get a refund, and you will be hard pressed to place a tangible value on deer antlers. Good Luck, go for it, just be prepared.
if nothing else you could probably inconvenience him by having to spend a day in court

NCWRC told me to take him to court and go after the value of a deer, they set $300-$500 and also get him for cost of a day off work for court and time spend dealing with him.
Who knows?? If nothing else it gets the work out because it has happened to others to so its not just me. I dont know what has happened with them maybe someone took them or sold them???
Jon

Yep,

Take his A$$ to small claims court. If he don't show, you get the judgement. It would be fun to watch him squirm in front of the judge. Will cost ya 2-3 $20's to file but that is what he needs to break that dog from sucking eggs.

Get er done

ever heard of a picket sign they work wonders with as- holes
ever chance you get picket in front of his shop with a sign about what he did. I bet he makes it right really fast.

Looks like WRAL is going to be taking this up with me>>>>:rolleyes:
Just got off the phone with them about it and want to know if I will go on TV about it....
Maybe things will work out. We will see.

Jon

Horns

After you exhaust all avenues to get your rack let me know. I can probably find one that will be close to your loss. I know it won't be "the one", but could be a representation. I have several "8's" that I have not mounted.

Back