Got the short course racing itch?...

Will Carter

It's time to scratch it locally.

www.broliteracing.com

www.facebook.com/broliteracing

I'm building one. Guys at my shop are building one. There's 3 or 4 in progress in VA, MD, and PA. Surely there's 4 or 5 or 10 guys here that have an extra grand or two to blow on more fun than you can shake a stick at.

BroLite Cliffs:
-Buy grandpa's old 2wd, 4cyl, manual Ford ranger (80s ish to early 90s, the one with the TTB front end)
-Strip it down
-Make it safe - cage, race seat, harness, fuell cell
-Show up and party, we might race the trucks some too

This has been talked about for a few years around campfires. Trying to make it happen.

Last edited:
That.... is interesting.

But I would not describe Mayville, WV as "local".

We can race them behind my shop for all I care. It's not like we're shooting to be on TV. I just want to swap some door paint and flip you off as I drive by.

Swapping paint in an Ultra4 ends up hurting alot.

Swapping paint in my modified makes someone want to punch me.

And we're kinda working on something down in the URE area too I think.

Uh... I think I got a phone call about the URE deal.

Vewy vewy intradasting....

And the plan is to share most every detail about the builds of these trucks. It's geared to be a driver's class. Hell I'll tell you what to valve your shocks at once I figure it out.

We just want everyone's truck to be safe, capable of finishing the whole race and staying on pace assuming you can figure out how to halfway drive the thing.

Reg cab, extended cab, or doesn't matter?

Looks like there were short box and long box versions, too.

I'm thinking extended cab short box is the way to go. I don't see anybody over 5'-8" fitting in a reg cab with a suspension seat.

Reg cab, extended cab, or doesn't matter?

Looks like there were short box and long box versions, too.

I'm thinking extended cab short box is the way to go. I don't see anybody over 5'-8" fitting in a reg cab with a suspension seat.
Any. And you can run any factory wheel base that was available. Change it by moving the rear leaf spring hangers. So a tall guy can buy an extended cab and shorten it to a regular cab wheelbase if he desires. Or the extended cab wheel base might be better. We don't know yet.

yes , yes, yes. this I can build and afford to bash! entry fee is my only question? Need to figure out the cage basics. Only thing I see is those truck are still pretty desirable for dd' ing and I haven't seen any that cheap in this area. I'm one of those idiots who can never score a deal. We need a group head hunting expedition for little Fords.

I saw your fawking FB posts.... and I managed to ignore them. But.... fawk, man.

Any. And you can run any factory wheel base that was available. Change it by moving the rear leaf spring hangers. So a tall guy can buy an extended cab and shorten it to a regular cab wheelbase if he desires. Or the extended cab wheel base might be better. We don't know yet.

Probably like anything else... you have to hang a bunch of junk off the rear bumper to get them to fly level.

Need an explorer class. They are cheap and everywhere....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

granite falls has one under a grand too!

I found a pair of B2300s for under a grand. One running, one "might need a crank position sensor and the whole front of the motor is done tore apart".

Yeah, badge engineered. I think they're the same chassis in the early/mid 90s. Wikipedia says 93-97.

Ah, I'm out. Ranger is too long to fit in my trailer. :handed:

Back