Good local band

hunterdan

I recently bought Matt's(jeepinmatt) father's truck. A CD was left in the truck and I was gonna mail it to him but have decided to keep it.lol
The band is The Avett brothers and the CD is
"I and Love and You.
Its a unique kind of folk/rock. The band hails from Concord of all places. Anyone listen to them?
Here's one of me and my sons Fav's

Last edited:
Yes. They’ve been around for a long time. One of my friends worked for them as a photographer one summer. Met the Bass player a couple times while not with the band, good guy. Two other close friends played with their dad, that was interesting lol.

I recently bought Matt's(jeepinmatt) father's truck. A CD was left in the truck and I was gonna mail it to him but have decided to keep it.lol
The band is The Avett brothers and the CD is
"I and Love and You.
Its a unique kind of folk/rock. The band hails from Concord of all places. Anyone listen to them?
Here's one of me and my sons Fav's

I shat ye not, my parents were riding up 321 with me this past Sunday, and somehow the topic of that CD being left in the truck came up. He had looked that CD up on ebay, because he wanted to have it around. Then he realized his new truck doesn't have a CD player, haha. (and he's not MP3 fluent)

Yep. I've listened to them some. Pretty good group.

I shat ye not, my parents were riding up 321 with me this past Sunday, and somehow the topic of that CD being left in the truck came up. He had looked that CD up on ebay, because he wanted to have it around. Then he realized his new truck doesn't have a CD player, haha. (and he's not MP3 fluent)
If he gets a CD player I'll give it back...maybe.😁

The Avett Brothers have been around for a while. My wife and I are big fans. That CD you have is arguably the best CD that they have released. Their older music is great, the newer music, I have not really warmed up to yet. They have played at MerleFest in previous years, and they typically do a New Years eve show somewhere in NC. Greensboro, Charlotte, or Raleigh. My wife and I are flying out to Denver Co to see them live at Red Rocks in July. This is a bucket list trip for us.

The Avett Brothers have been around for a while. My wife and I are big fans. That CD you have is arguably the best CD that they have released. Their older music is great, the newer music, I have not really warmed up to yet. They have played at MerleFest in previous years, and they typically do a New Years eve show somewhere in NC. Greensboro, Charlotte, or Raleigh. My wife and I are flying out to Denver Co to see them live at Red Rocks in July. This is a bucket list trip for us.
Sounds like a good time. I checked their concert list. They will be in Charlotte soon for a 3 Day festival. I think tickets were like $300.ouch

Several years ago I was in Atlanta for some training. Took the family with me and caught a Braves game and the Avett Brothers concert afterwards on the field.

We went to their Dad’s concert one time in downtown Concord. I’ll never do that again. He spent more time talking politics and other bs I don’t care about than he did playing music.

TLDR: Avett Brothers great. Avett Brothers’ dad sucks.

I’m good friends with their first cousin and have been to a bunch of shows over the years. I like the older acid-grass style better than the newer stuff.

While on the subject of local bands I’m a fan of Dirty Grass Soul. Mostly from the Shelby area. Live shows are great with some awesome covers thrown in with their own style.

While on the subject of local bands I’m a fan of Dirty Grass Soul. Mostly from the Shelby area. Live shows are great with some awesome covers thrown in with their own style.

The first time I saw them, they were playing before a race at North Wilkesboro a few years ago. I've seen them once or twice since, really like their style!

One of my favorite regional local bands for sure. Big fan of their song Glory Train.

Back