Gm duramax class action lawsuit

I would think they would push that back on Bosch.

I read that they were using an injection pump that was not suitable for low sulfur diesel. All diesel is known to be "dirty fuel". Did bosch spec the pump for the duramax or did GM?

What's the issue? I haven't read anything about it yet. Guess I could go look it up...

Im not sure competitors Bosch has in the space tbh.

Imagine if Jeep had used a diesel in their vehicles that was never intended for use with our fuel here in the states?
Surely they would have never used them in the Liberty chassis or anything.

Those little VM diesels made me a ton of money over the years. Overseas they were trouble free. Here, a complete POS.

What’s the difference in the fuels here and over seas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was in training for the Euro diesels used in Jeep applications, we were taught the diesel fuel in Europe is much cleaner than what we have here in the states. As a result, we have exponentially more EGR and sooting issues than they do across the pond.
I have no scientific data to back that up however.

When I was in training for the Euro diesels used in Jeep applications, we were taught the diesel fuel in Europe is much cleaner than what we have here in the states. As a result, we have exponentially more EGR and sooting issues than they do across the pond.
I have no scientific data to back that up however.
Ive heard the same, but...likewise never confirmed. Didnt care because not a euro

Well yeah...I knew CP4s sucked and so does our fuel. I'd like to know the sulfur content of the fuel elsewhere in the world compared to ours.

Anyway, CP4s...sure, lets ditch a reliable CP3 and go to a two piston CP4 and command more fuel pressure. What could go wrong? Did we mention the pistons are ceramic?

On the other hand, I've seen an LML with 750,000 miles on the factory injectors and CP4. So, there's that.

Maybe it's similar to what happened with the LB7s. Bosch said they needed at least a 4 micron filter, but GM used a 7 micron. Go figure, VCO nozzles are VERY intolerant to contaminants. Boom, 7 year/200k injector warranty.

Back