Get your meats here

Do the farms have to add them selves? I know of two near me that are not on it. I would love to find a source for Bison.....

Do the farms have to add them selves? I know of two near me that are not on it. I would love to find a source for Bison.....

I actually just added two Buffalo to my herd...hopefully in 18 months or so I can hook you up...

I actually just added two Buffalo to my herd...hopefully in 18 months or so I can hook you up...
Buffalo burgers FTMFW....so damn tasty!

Buffalo burgers FTMFW....so damn tasty!
Tasty yes.
Also incredibly healthy and financially more important trendy.
They grow larger than cattle in an equal time frame, eat roughly the same graze per acre and trample much less (70% less) than cows.

Yet they wholesale for 15-18x beef price

Tasty yes.
They grow larger than cattle in an equal time frame, eat roughly the same graze per acre and trample much less (70% less) than cows.

Can I call dibs on some?

Tasty yes.

Also 10x as likely to go apeshit for no reason and break fence or run you down.

I’ve been looking as “smaller” breeds of cattle and highland are getting higher on my list. They just cost more, but in the right market their meat is a decent amount higher than angus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also 10x as likely to go apeshit for no reason and break fence or run you down.

I’ve been looking as “smaller” breeds of cattle and highland are getting higher on my list. They just cost more, but in the right market their meat is a decent amount higher than angus

If I had enough property, Highland are top of my list as well.

Not farm related...but the wife and I like going to the Butcher Block in Lexington...

91561483_1102813436744724_472021059063775232_o.jpg

If I had enough property, Highland are top of my list as well.

I grew up with a guy that lived on a highland farm. If you mess with them when they are little they become like dogs.

We played pretty hard with a bull calf well two years later he was still trying to play but could easily throw you without thinking. I think they ended up butchering it and told us not to do that again.

Back