Stock tcase for now
Toy axles
5.29's
Spools
Yj spoa
35" tires
What gears should I put in the tcase?
What manufacturer is better quality?
Or leave the stock gears in it for now and just run it?
Thanks.
Sorry if I confused anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I would go with 6.5:1 case gears for the 35s and the anemic 1.3. It will make it alot more trail friendly as far as crawling. LowRange sells the Trail Gear transfer case gear sets and stands behind them for life with proof of purchase.

Agree, 6.5. I had 4.9 with 5.89s and it was just about perfect with a 1.6 16v. Wouldn't want to go less gear with a 1.3.

Make sure you put it in a good cradle, I recommend ZOR.

I beat the heck out of set of 6.5:1s for years running a 1.6 16v motor. I bought them from Low Range Off-road many years ago.

ZOR snatch?

Yes. I've had the entire weight of the rig sitting on the bottom plate of the cradle with no damage. You do need to strengthen the frame mount though, either with the "panty liner" or some home fab.

6.5.1 tcase gears, twin sticks and a snatch on the way from zor. [emoji533]
Now what clutch is going to be good. I've read a lot about the stage 2 kits from the top Suzuki suppliers we all know. They all seem to have a ceramic and fabric composite to give a good grab with the ability to still slip or softly engage the clutch. Not wanting a stage 3 on/off style clutch. Seen the eBay ones that get good reviews but are street reviews no offroad reviews. I have gone through some parts house stuff unless they offer something better. Just wanting some advice on what you guys suggest.

Last edited:
I ran 2 different aftermarket clutches. I can't remember what the first one was, but when I pulled the 1.3 to swap to a 1.6 16v the pressure plate had hairline cracks in it. I swapped it out for a Petroworks. The Petro clutch felt really nice but it would slip from time to time behind the 16v.

I'm want good holding power and still keep a close to stock feel. Not worried about legs wearing out. Lol.
Your not the first I've heard about the petro clutch slipping in hard situations.

Back