Gear oil

Lucas 85w-140 is what I like. Recommended by ECGS too.

If I'm not mistaken ecgs told me they run 85-140 in every diff.

How about for newly set up gears, running the Lucas for a short time and changing or....?

How about for newly set up gears, running the Lucas for a short time and changing or....?

For fresh break ins I use cheap shit, it's gonna be trashed after the 500 miles anyways. Known a few gear installers to say the same thing, even one that used to work at ECGS. ECGS recommends Lucas for both break in and normal use I think.

For fresh break ins I use cheap shit, it's gonna be trashed after the 500 miles anyways. Known a few gear installers to say the same thing, even one that used to work at ECGS. ECGS recommends Lucas for both break in and normal use I think.

I like ya, I may even kinda love ya, but I disagree.
Using cheap gear oil during break in is akin to dressing like a slob on a first date IMO. The break in period is when the gear set is susceptible to overheating and rapid fluid break down. It needs good stuff as much if not more than ever.
Run an affordable yet quality lube like Lucas 24/7 and you'll be well served.

I like ya, I may even kinda love ya, but I disagree.
Using cheap gear oil during break in is akin to dressing like a slob on a first date IMO. The break in period is when the gear set is susceptible to overheating and rapid fluid break down. It needs good stuff as much if not more than ever.
Run an affordable yet quality lube like Lucas 24/7 and you'll be well served.

Should have just said cheaper than Lucas, either way I can see your reasoning.

Back