Garage Yourself

Pretty cool

Although.... For $40/mo membership fee .. I already get unlimited premium washes at my local wash tunnel, which also has vacuum stations.

I know it's not anywhere close to the same and some people would rather diy detail, I just wonder how big the market is of people that want to do this regularly enough to justify a monthly membership fee. Especially since it sounds like there's an hourly rate on top of that?

EDIT: $40/mo gets you 2hrs of bay time.... Per month. $20/hr after that.
Seems kinda pricy, but I'm an inefficient penny pincher who also owns a driveway and a hose and doesn't care that much about detailing.
Ya I don't see the market. Like you my work truck has a monthly pay car wash and I go through it at least once a week and vacuum maybe every other time. They detail our trucks once a year. If you can't keep a car clean enough to not keep up on it that a detail subscription is what you need you are way nastier than the 35 guys I work with.

Ya I don't see the market. Like you my work truck has a monthly pay car wash and I go through it at least once a week and vacuum maybe every other time. They detail our trucks once a year. If you can't keep a car clean enough to not keep up on it that a detail subscription is what you need you are way nastier than the 35 guys I work with.
You obviously have never worked with many black men. Before we fenced our parking lot off at the plant, at least 20 cars were getting a mobile detailing on Friday. Not sure how they get them detailed for the weekend now.

You obviously have never worked with many black men. Before we fenced our parking lot off at the plant, at least 20 cars were getting a mobile detailing on Friday. Not sure how they get them detailed for the weekend now.
and how many of them want to pay to do it themselves?

I don't see the market of overlapping venn diagram of:

- people who want to clean their own car on a regular basis
- people who don't own a driveway + a hose & bucket
- people who are willing to pay >$40 month + all the materials cost

Most people fall in 2 of the 3 categories.

While I agree with both of you, most wash tunnels are not allowed once you ceramic coat a vehicle. Also, if you look at the cars that are in the background of the video, most dont take those through the was tunnels. Add in doing it in a temp controlled building, while using warm water in the winter, and it seems appealing.

I am with you that I will wash in my drive or take through a tunnel, but I dont know that either of us are the target market. I also see people that are spending alot of time detailing, when I do a quick vacuum at the car wash.

Back