[FS] ???

FishHunt

Why do the post in the commerce section have the "[FS]" listed before each post? It clutters up the thread titles needlessly. I guess there will be an arrow show up next that says [CLICKHERETOVIEWTHISFORSALETHREAD--->].

Edit: Seems they have crept in everywhere. [FS], [WTB] and [Free] are people really having that much trouble navigating the commerce section?

<><Fish

I thought it cluttered it up too, but i was hoping it was a work in progress... WIth those, i guess it really elimates the need for the different sections

There are some changes in the making, be patient.

A few ideas that are in the works are being implemented.

lol, cyclic redundancy is the word that pops into my head everytime i see [FS].

Yeah, we're considering getting rid of the separate "Freebie" and "Wanted" sections, and breaking the general "Parts for Sale" section into Engines/Transmission/Axles, Tires/Wheels, etc. If you have a WTB ad or a Freebie or something, it would just go in a forum according to what sort of part it is.

It's obviously a work in progress, but we'd like to hear any suggestions or feedback that you guys have to offer.

Thanks.

Yeah I don't like all of the labels in front of the posts. It's already in the for sale section. It's too hard to read through the posts with the labels in front.

Also I don't think you should get rid of the freebie section and mix it in with the rest. Seems like you would be getting too cluttered with it that way.

I would like to see the tires/wheels seperate from engines etc...

:beer:

It appears to me that those who use the "New Posts" feature like the tags, and those that do not, do not like the tags. I vote keep the tags, as it makes it a ton easier when reading by new posts.

Yeah, we're considering getting rid of the separate "Freebie" and "Wanted" sections, and breaking the general "Parts for Sale" section into Engines/Transmission/Axles, Tires/Wheels, etc. If you have a WTB ad or a Freebie or something, it would just go in a forum according to what sort of part it is.

It's obviously a work in progress, but we'd like to hear any suggestions or feedback that you guys have to offer.

Thanks.

This sounds like a good idea and reasoning... but I kinda like having the sections we do now, because you dont haveto make so many posts when trying to sell things... well atleast for those who dont make 1000 different forsale posts...

the tags are helpful if you use the new posts. but i don't think that the commerce section needs to be rearranged, i like it how it is.

I agree. When they first appeared, I was like WTF are tehse for.
Then, I hit New Posts - and it became very obvious... b/c 5% of the New Posts are FS stuff, which I don't care about.
It' make its very easy to scan through the New Posts and filter out things you don't want to read.

Also agree w/ NOT combining the for sale section. In fact, I'd not only keep For Sale, Free, and Free seperate, but ASLO break up For Sale into different subsections (as mentioned). The FS section here is so big that any post made early in the day is on page 2-3 and already lost by the end of the day.

The FS section here is so big that any post made early in the day is on page 2-3 and already lost by the end of the day.

Yeah, you can get 5-6 pages deep in the Parts for Sale section before you hit stuff that's been inactive for more than a couple of days.

Back