Front hitch

etjeep

I stopped in at Raleigh hitch yesterday to pick something up and I wanted to price a 2" front receiver hitch for my '97 4Runner. I had the guy look up in his book and he said they don't make front receiver hitches for a 97 4Runner.

He was a nice guy, we got to chatting about my tow vehicle. Does anyone have a front receiver hitch. I want something cheap just to manuever my trailer around back of the house.

I stopped in at Raleigh hitch yesterday to pick something up and I wanted to price a 2" front receiver hitch for my '97 4Runner. I had the guy look up in his book and he said they don't make front receiver hitches for a 97 4Runner.
He was a nice guy, we got to chatting about my tow vehicle. Does anyone have a front receiver hitch. I want something cheap just to manuever my trailer around back of the house.
Yep got one on the dodge...........
It was 140-150 to the door and 1 hr install..
Works good and I like it.
J

I want something cheap just to manuever my trailer around back of the house.

I'm sure you have thought of this already, but....
Why not buy one for the rear? It would be cheaper to back the trailer in. Pluss, it would be easier when you go down the road.

If you want it for portable winch and other accessories, I would understand a little better.

Moving a trailer around with a front hitch is a lot easier than backing. I have seen camping places do it all the time, where space and layout is paramount.
If you want to put a rear hitch on the front, I would measure your frame, and go the bone yard. You can find them there at about a third of new price.

I have a rear hitch already. I want one for the front for better manueverability. The location I park my trailer has a rather tight approach. My rear hitched long wb rigs can only do so much. better to drop the trailer and go at it from the front IMHO.

Problem with the front hitch on mine is that the front hitch point is ALOT higher than the rear, YMMV.

Trying to find one of these that will fit on a 93 Dodge(old body style). Anybody have any suggestions on where to look or are we gonna have to fab one up.

Thanks,
Chris

Back