Front Dana 44s for a TJ questions

Factory Jk 44 housings are weak too. So you'd have to figure in a truss and inner c gussets. Unless you go with an aftermarket housing, then you're going to just be getting started at 3500 bucks.

Stuff it under a TJ that weighs 1500# less than a JK and don't put 40s on it, and you'll be fine for a good while. Or spend $200 on sleeves and knuckle gussets.

@BigClay sorry we're turning your thread into an Internet passing match, but I promise there's some good tech in here too :D

No you're not.

:flipoff2:
Actually, you're right. The info from this thread has pretty much sold me on the idea of JK gears in my D44HD housing. That will look really good sitting on the jackstands!

Nothing to be sorry about @jeepinmatt, this is all good information that I was looking for. But after all of the discussion I am leaning towards a steering 14 bolt now :flipoff2:
14 bolts are weak and will brake in half under the weight of a flatfender. You really should go with spaceship transporter axles and custom unobtanium parts.

Just bite the bullet, do the crd 60s, hp, comes with brakes, what ever ratio you want, sent to your door or the closest person with a forklift. Just installed a set in a TJ Brute, other than the suspension that I used worked great.

Just bite the bullet....

He spends that kinda coin, and there will be a bullet in his future alright! The kind fired from a pink handgun after the wife see's the credit card statement

76 F-150 HP44 in the front of mine with chromos and spool (working towards a locker but with lock-outs not bad) plenty happy on 37s, 1 broken R&P but under pretty hard work

Back