free roll cage material

All the while I am just wondering how our favorite short guy manages to bring the chuckles from anything he puts his two cents into.......and I'm not referencing you Mr. Fuller..............
dang that's 2 people that have called me Mr Fuller....i'm feeling pretty welcomed back

You're definitely a celebrity.

ok let me ask somthing i know john as a good friend. can yall just truly give him a chance. ok so he likes to do things diffrent and he has done some wrong things on here like lie i belive that was a bad call but have we all not done somthing wrong in our lives and sometimes the samething more then ounce but we need to mess up to learn its what we do after that is important. he has said sorry and thats hard for any man to say and i know he means it.

dang that's 2 people that have called me Mr Fuller....i'm feeling pretty welcomed back
I just wish the powers that be would make that red "banned twice already" banner turn into to something a little more embarrassing.
Maybe..pink or a rainbow, and maybe it should say something like..hell, I don't know. Something embarrassing.

ok let me ask somthing i know john as a good friend. can yall just truly give him a chance. ok so he likes to do things diffrent and he has done some wrong things on here like lie i belive that was a bad call but have we all not done somthing wrong in our lives and sometimes the samething more then ounce but we need to mess up to learn its what we do after that is important. he has said sorry and thats hard for any man to say and i know he means it.
The problem is this....... Its like he has his fingers crossed behind his back the whole time. Shawn and trailhugger have given many chances to fly right and he still smacks everyone in the face that has truly offered help or positive spin on things. He blows up like a 4 year old and thats it........
I personally have no issues with him, hell i have broke a few eggs trying to make my omelet(my rig), but finally listened to others and truly believe that because of a safer rig i am able to walk with some neck pain vs being paralyzed because i was hard headed. I have made many a great friend that rode my case as hard if not harder than yours. @Paul comes to mind as one of them.

Ps heres the proof in the pudding.....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456186116.558187.jpg

have given many chances to fly right and he still smacks everyone in the face that has truly offered help or positive spin on things. He blows up like a 4 year old and thats it...
this right here is where I wish you guys would get it right for a chance. i like advise and criticism but the fact that no matter what i've ever done, built, fabbed or wheeled to everyone it's junk and deathtrap when clearly years and years of wheeling (like my current rig) hold up and wheel better than everyone always expects. I wouldn't mind getting some advise of ideas on how to do something or different perspectives but the only thing i ever get is... "Do it One Way or Don't do it at all"
If you guys haven't noticed i'm not a build it like everyone else type of guy and i love to make things on my own, fabricate, redneck build and make things work with what i come up with...money not always being a factor.
I've said it before and say it again, even if i had more "usable" funds for my jeep, my arms would still be what they are. Why? cause that's just what i like and i love the simplicity of how easy it is to make them and they work flawlessly for my needs and then some.
Take my Roll Cage i did inside the jeep: yeah it looks about as ghetto as you could imagine but 1. it's better than nothing, 2. it will protect me in a lay over or mild roll of the type of trails i take, 3. the material i did use might be scrap stuff but it's thick scrap stuff and will hold up plenty good for me to feel safer inside my rig, 4. free

I guess call me "Old School" fellas...back before my time and most on here, people wheeled and got stuff done without all this fancy tools and builds nowadays and they made it work and that's just kinda always been my train of thought.

this right here is where I wish you guys would get it right for a chance. i like advise and criticism but the fact that no matter what i've ever done, built, fabbed or wheeled to everyone it's junk and deathtrap when clearly years and years of wheeling (like my current rig) hold up and wheel better than everyone always expects. I wouldn't mind getting some advise of ideas on how to do something or different perspectives but the only thing i ever get is... "Do it One Way or Don't do it at all"
If you guys haven't noticed i'm not a build it like everyone else type of guy and i love to make things on my own, fabricate, redneck build and make things work with what i come up with...money not always being a factor.
I've said it before and say it again, even if i had more "usable" funds for my jeep, my arms would still be what they are. Why? cause that's just what i like and i love the simplicity of how easy it is to make them and they work flawlessly for my needs and then some.
Take my Roll Cage i did inside the jeep: yeah it looks about as ghetto as you could imagine but 1. it's better than nothing, 2. it will protect me in a lay over or mild roll of the type of trails i take, 3. the material i did use might be scrap stuff but it's thick scrap stuff and will hold up plenty good for me to feel safer inside my rig, 4. free

I guess call me "Old School" fellas...back before my time and most on here, people wheeled and got stuff done without all this fancy tools and builds nowadays and they made it work and that's just kinda always been my train of thought.

Yeah, but dude..you wheel with a 300lb air tank strapped in the back. I'm not one to pick on many, but that's crazy.

and he still smacks everyone in the face that has truly offered help
hey i just want to say if i have really "digitally smacked" anyone in the face from their help or advise I do seriously apologize. I have explained myself before that i don't mean to come off that way at all and if I have, I really am sorry. I'm not the kind of mean guy that I've been made out to be on here, in sincerity and truth if you got to know me, you would know I'm one of the nicest people you'll ever meet and actually too gullible and nice.

Yeah, but dude..you wheel with a 300lb air tank strapped in the back. I'm not one to pick on many, but that's crazy.
true but i had that tank professionally tested at a plant and it passed for 325psi!! I'm only running 165max cause that's as high as my compressor goes and that tank has saved my butt several times so i use it for that plus i like the extra weight.
(I'm trying to get this XJ as heavy as it can be for my liking and wheeling style, i want a heavy planted rig for better traction and crawling and it's slowly coming. I think it weighs about 4600 now from just calculating stuff)

FB_IMG_1455587175604.jpg

Advice for you...

true but i had that tank professionally tested at a plant and it passed for 325psi!! I'm only running 165max cause that's as high as my compressor goes and that tank has saved my butt several times so i use it for that plus i like the extra weight.
(I'm trying to get this XJ as heavy as it can be for my liking and wheeling style, i want a heavy planted rig for better traction and crawling and it's slowly coming. I think it weighs about 4600 now from just calculating stuff)

In that case...carry on. I thought you were running a full tank. A three hundred pound tank weighs much less with only 165 psi. If it were to smash your skull, it wouldn't be as bad since it's much lighter than a full 325 psi tank.

One more thing...
Newton. That is all.

One more thing...
Newton. That is all.
I'm not following...is this air tank thing really a bad idea even though it passed inspection and it's strapped down which never budges when wheeling...

I'm not following...is this air tank thing really a bad idea even though it passed inspection and it's strapped down which never budges when wheeling...
Yes man. Its a terrible idea. Its not really about the pressure inside the tank..as much as it is about having a huge tank in your jeep, ready to smash your entire fawkin body. If you have any type of rollover accident..that tank could kill you....bad.

Last edited:
ohh well before that roll cage that would've sucked but now with the way i did the back cage, that tank can't leave the hatch area if it wanted to and can only leave out the back by...well it was pain in the ass to get in there and strapped down. (before the cage, i never really thought about fliping and that tank flying up front but now i have much protection that it couldn't move if it wanted to.

Yes man. Its a terrible idea. Its not really about the pressure inside the tank..as much as it is about having a huge tank in your jeep, ready to smash your entire fawkin body. If you have any type of rollover accident..that tank will kill you....bad.
I was worried when we lost the tool box on lap 5 at DPG that a 9/16 open end wrench was going to snack me in the head. And we were wearing helmets!

I was worried when we lost the tool box on lap 5 at DPG that a 9/16 open end wrench was going to snack me in the head. And we were wearing helmets!

That tool box was strapped in better than the fuller torpedo too. One bang against that tree was all it took to bend the sheet metal, which held the mounting points and then the strap was loose...Imagine that! Good lesson to fuller.

ohh well before that roll cage that would've sucked but now with the way i did the back cage, that tank can't leave the hatch area if it wanted to and can only leave out the back by...well it was pain in the ass to get in there and strapped down. (before the cage, i never really thought about fliping and that tank flying up front but now i have much protection that it couldn't move if it wanted to.

Ok...what if I told you that it just didn't look cool? Would ya take it out then?

yeah a helmet is something i'm gonna look into getting..especially since my cage sits too close to my head for comfort lol and without one, i'd probably get banged pretty hard. that was something i didn't think about when putting it in for head clearance but a helmet should be good.

Ok...what if I told you that it just didn't look cool? Would ya take it out then?
aww man why you gotta go there lol lol. i actually hate the looks of it myself if you can believe that,..honestly i do but I've used it every trip so I've kept it.
(however that was with D30 breaking shafts up every red trails so maybe with these axles I"M HOPING i won't need to be replacing axle shaft like before...first freaking time i break this front 44...i'm selling it and buying a 60)

yeah a helmet is something i'm gonna look into getting..especially since my cage sits too close to my head for comfort lol and without one, i'd probably get banged pretty hard. that was something i didn't think about when putting it in for head clearance but a helmet should be good.

Me thinks it's damn near too late to protect your head.

Back