Found A TowRig:: Question

Gabe

So I found a TowRig... I might actually get.
99 Dodge 2500 CTD 4x4 White
Std Cab, 5 speed, 4.10 ltd slip
29,700 miles on it. No engine mods, Never really towed with it. He's got the maintenance records (not that there are many), uses a block heater and even lets the turbo cool off after using it.
Its got after mkt. wheels and looks like recent bfg mt's so I may have to replace them and the wheels with something thats load rated, but
Question is how much should I pay for it...
Black book is 12,300 or a little bit more
KBB is 15,580 retail, 12,940 private party
he won't budge from 15,200. :beer:

Think I can do better when work flys me to Houston next week?

I'd venture to say you probably won't find another w/ that low of miles, that motor isn't even broken in yet.

Gabe that is a good price, but that Std cab is going to suck for someone as tall as you pretty quick. If you really want it, grab it up so we can go break your rig.

I was surprised, I had no problem with the Dodge Std cab. I can even ghetto lean it. There just isn't much storage space behind the seats.

That is cool. I guess it is nice being a little shorter. I can barely fitt into a regular cab truck. but that is why I am lookng for a crew cab.

That's really low milage, but Std. cabs don't command a premium.

Read up on the "53" block, and the KDP needs to be done as well.

Tough call.. Texas is the land of cheaper trucks, with lots of miles. I'd bet he'll still have it when you get back..

Back