FOU LEO project dead?

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
So I just saw on the book of faces that the LEO project is closed. So what is the deal, is the forest service going to pony up the funds for a vehicle, I can't really see that happening. Inquiring minds (and donors) want to know.

I know they bought 2 side by sides from tps in raleigh in dec.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Here is the deal or what can be said.

Yes the project is dead. All funds will be returned to the people that donated or if the person or club that donated wants placed elsewhere.

This is not to say that Charles will not be out there. He will be it will just be done a different way from a different source. It is for his safety.

It will be seen out there how he gets around but he will get out on the trails .

I can say his higher ups still very highly support him being on the trail system and will make it happen. Not Uwharrie folks though. Way up higher. I had a very nice long conference call with folks from Atlanta and Washington this evening. They are very supportive of our wanting to fix our issues out there. Actually going to talk to them further In a few weeks about a few other ideas I have and would like to see implemented.

Last edited:
Given he had to have a "conditioned space" for the dog, it sounds like a Rubicon was purchased (total and complete speculation on my part)

It should be seen soon enough on the trails what he gets.

There are a few LEO changes coming around this year. You will be happy with some and possibly upset about others.

Bumping this back up. Whatever happened? Also is FOU still active?

From what I understand higher up's didn't like the idea of us providing him with a vehicle and saw it as a conflict of interest or something like that.... (I didn't get it but oh well....) From what I was told the LEO for URE has a vehicle and is out paroling. I have nto been to URE in months so IDK if that is the case or not. FOU from what I have seen is still active and under new leadership. I think they took over about a year ago?

I’ve seen a military rZr up on Dickey once if that’s the deal it’s mighty weak.

Bumping this back up. Whatever happened? Also is FOU still active?
Wish you could had attended last Saturday's "Event's"! First was the CTB breakfast/meeting. Next up at noon, was another informational meeting [don't recall details], then around 4, the Rendezvous meeting, which included Several groups, such as FoU.

Wish you could had attended last Saturday's "Event's"! First was the CTB breakfast/meeting. Next up at noon, was another informational meeting [don't recall details], then around 4, the Rendezvous meeting, which included Several groups, such as FoU.

Will there be minutes posted from the other meetings?

Back