FOU apllied for and got some grants for this next years workdays.

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
FOU applied for and got the grants from a few large groups.

Southern 4wd approved a great sized grant to be applied for a heavy workday next year in March. We are planning to do a work weekend that month not just a workday. We will be staying at group camp for free and I will be trying to get more folks to come aboard to cook for us and stuff.

OMIX / ADA approved a request also for that same workday. There money will be going towards a different thing though. Rental and purchasing of equipment for that workday and for FOU to keep. I am trying to get more tools / trailers and stuff for FOU to have and be available to use on all workdays so we do not need to keep putting supplies in our trucks and getting our own hand tools out there to be used by the volunteers also, therefor people not needing to bring their own stuff from home to do this work.

I am hoping this is just the start of hopefully great things to come for the new year. I am also applying for small stuff to give away again this year for the folks that come out to the workdays to show my appreciation.

Thank you and all of the FOU guys for what you are doing.

That is really great news! Congrats and great job to those involved. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction!

The main person doing this is my wife. She is the one writing these grants.

She is actually writing a few more with a few more companies like BFG and Tread Lightly.

We are pretty much trying to start this thing fresh for next year. Starting smaller and then growing when we find it necessary to.

Are there no workdays planned in the winter months? Some of the folks from Vertical Excursions have expressed interest in helping out for some of the work days.
....And thanks for your efforts on the grants

I know we all appreciate you taking the time and making this things happen, thank you & your wife.

I will post a schedule here in this section here in a bit. For the most part they will be the third Saturday of the month minus this month and maybe one or 2 others which will get pushed back to the 4th Saturday of the month.

Back