Forever HOME project!

i fill those out and give to one of our damn door suppliers and he will still screw it up.
Thats why I recommend them. We replaced about 40 doors last year at a job site in High Point and dealing with them was actually pleasurable.

Thats why I recommend them. We replaced about 40 doors last year at a job site in High Point and dealing with them was actually pleasurable.

Yeah the local door guy sucks. We have a commercial door guy and he is always spot on. We did a renovation on one of the oldest buildings at WCU last year and every door was custom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The exterior door in the basement is 32x78, has windows in it and would like to replace it with Steel door. The frame around it is already steel / and well embedded into the brick around it, so not wanting to mess with that, just get a replacement door. Any local sources you can suggest for doors?

Paging @adamk for some door knowledge.

The exterior door in the basement is 32x78, has windows in it and would like to replace it with Steel door. The frame around it is already steel / and well embedded into the brick around it, so not wanting to mess with that, just get a replacement door. Any local sources you can suggest for doors?

As stated by others, each door unit is different; hinge location and route, handle height, door bottom design, sweep margin, etc. Based on the measurements provided, you have a 6/8 (height) door unit with a 2/8 (width) sill. I know it sounds easy to just get a replacement panel, but it will not come cheap. Panel manufactures don't like to sell individual panels to the home owners so the mark up is unreal. The best bang for you buck will be to get measurements of the rough opening and then buy a cheap ($200ish) prehung unit from a box store. The other option would be to call BFS since they have a prehanging shop off Market St.

Edit* If you have any specific wants/needs in the door unit that you're unsure of, feel free to PM me and I can walk you through every aspect.

I can't wait to have a home worth dying in.

-scrolls Zillow/Trula/Realtor.com for the thousandth time over the past two years-

Anywho. Congrats!

Man I know what you mean, the moment I pulled in I knew this was the place. I spent about 5 minutes last night just chilling, looking over the property from my driveway, I am BLESSED. Has been a lot of work, LOT more coming but just in love with the property and the house (well in love with the plan...)

Next big "to do" or to learn for me is stone veneer. Have looking at the 6"x24" tile veneer ledger stone (million names and brands for it) and wanting to tackle that myself. Wrap the front porch, and new columns and wife is thinking now we go ahead and do the fireplace since the white wash did not turn out looking as desired.

Thx again folks for tips, will call Beeson in HP!

Man I almost think I may leave the existing "wood" door, paint it and then secure it better. Years ago, probably a similar issue, we (dad) took and screwed in a 3/4" sheet of plywood to back of existing door to make it MUCH harder to break into. This door has glass / do the same thing and either paint white on this new panel on inside or BLACK so it looks dark. This is a bit of my dad's REDNECK ENGINEERING coming out in me!!!

You can get a fiberglass exterior door slab from home Depot for about $150 if you're willing to cut it down and route out for the hinges.

Thought I would post up a picture I took of the 46 Willys in front of the barn! Was able to use a filter for this effect, REALLY liked the final product! You can see we put up a barn quilt design over the door, found local guy on Etsy to make that for us.

Overall updates, deconstruction is mostly over, really hoping to see a lot of new 'progress' in next few weeks up till now it has been subtle stuff, sanding or walls that were signficant to us, but not as powerful images.

My project that I may get some advice on here is STONE VENEER over the fireplace! I picked out the product, comes in 6"x24" slabs, and my plan at the moment is to buy pre-mixed mortar as that is one less thing I can screw up!? Looks pretty straight forward, slap on the mortar, put the stone on move to next piece. One suggestion I saw was only do a couple feet at a time high and let it get setup good and dry and come back and do another set so they will be less likely to fall over due to weight, etc.

Ordered the Kitchen from local cabinet place and Eng. Quartz countertops from place down in Charlotte, VERY nice folks. Should look awesome, and 7.5mm Lux Vinyl flooring throughout the whole house, love the stuff, looks like weathered wood, but waterproof and easy to install.

Willys Barn Painting.jpg

Back