Ford V10 Problems

NCJeeplover

I am having trouble with a truck I recently purchased. Its a 2000 F450 V10 5 speed truck. It's throwing 3 codes currently;

PO135 - Bank 1 Sensor 1 heater malfunction.
PO155 - Bank 2 Sensor 1 heater malfunction.

Both oxygen sensors appear to be new, they ohm out good also. There is no voltage at the oxygen sensor heater pins.

PO443 - Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction

I have ohmed the purge solenoid and it is in speck. There is no voltage at the plug for the selenoid either.

I've checked all the fuses and they are all good. I'm leaning to the ecu being bad and not sending voltage to these things.

I would love to put a meter to the power wires at the ecu just to double check and see if there is no voltage coming from there before I drop 300 bucks on a new ecm. Does anyone know what pins supply voltage for the solenoid and o2 sensor heaters?

I am having trouble with a truck I recently purchased. Its a 2000 F450 V10 5 speed truck. It's throwing 3 codes currently;

PO135 - Bank 1 Sensor 1 heater malfunction.
PO155 - Bank 2 Sensor 1 heater malfunction.

Both oxygen sensors appear to be new, they ohm out good also. There is no voltage at the oxygen sensor heater pins.

PO443 - Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction

I have ohmed the purge solenoid and it is in speck. There is no voltage at the plug for the selenoid either.

I've checked all the fuses and they are all good. I'm leaning to the ecu being bad and not sending voltage to these things.

I would love to put a meter to the power wires at the ecu just to double check and see if there is no voltage coming from there before I drop 300 bucks on a new ecm. Does anyone know what pins supply voltage for the solenoid and o2 sensor heaters?
Those sensors and the purge valve along with several other things get power from fuse 7 under the hood, a 20a fuse. Automatic transmission solenoids (which you don't have with a 5 speed, the canister vent if California emissions, the egr solenoid and the heater on bank 1 sensor 2 all show to get power from the same fuse per Mitchell. Red wire yellow stripe I believe.

If the heater on b1s2 is getting power or the egr solenoid, then you have a cut wire or bad splice, you'll need to look for harness rub through. Worst case backfeed with a new wire from one of those sensors or the fuse box over to one of the dead sensors.

Last edited:
If the heater on b1s2 is getting power or the egr solenoid, then you have a cut wire or bad splice, you'll need to look for harness rub through.

I checked the fuses and number 7 is blown. I replaced it and it immediately blew again. There must be a short somewhere. This truck "allegedly" had the cat removed and there is no b1s2 and I cant even find a plug for it to check voltage there. The wiring is kinda a hacked up mess. The more I dig the more I find.

Worst case backfeed with a new wire from one of those sensors or the fuse box over to one of the dead sensors.

Can any 12 volt source work for the o2 sensor heaters? With the heaters not working it stays in open-loop all the time. It high idles and runs very rich. It's not going to get great mileage, but right now I'm barely getting 200 miles to a tank!

Thank you for looking the wire color up and taking time to help!

I checked the fuses and number 7 is blown. I replaced it and it immediately blew again. There must be a short somewhere. This truck "allegedly" had the cat removed and there is no b1s2 and I cant even find a plug for it to check voltage there. The wiring is kinda a hacked up mess. The more I dig the more I find.

Can any 12 volt source work for the o2 sensor heaters? With the heaters not working it stays in open-loop all the time. It high idles and runs very rich. It's not going to get great mileage, but right now I'm barely getting 200 miles to a tank!

Thank you for looking the wire color up and taking time to help!

You're going to have to find the short, if you backfeed it with the short still there it'll just blow the new fuse or burn wires. If there's no b1s2, start looking for the connector for it to see if it's just cut off bare or maybe rubbing around a front or rear driveshaft. Look along the harness for any place the plastic loom may have rubbed through, such as casting ridges or metal wiring clips, look to see if anything has melted near exhaust or egr tube.

Back