Ford questions

kilby

I'm looking around for a good greasel candidate...
I've got a line on a 4x4 '94 F250 w/ 7.3L. It looks sharp, with 279k on the clock. I'd prefer 2 wheel drive, but other than that it's what I would like. It'd be a semi-daily driver, but mostly used for test mule for the WVO conversion.

What would you guys expect to pay? Any known issues? I'm not a big Ford guy, so what about the mileage? I've heard they are high-mile trucks. Any real life experience would be appreciated.

my bro in law has about 2 years on his WVO 97 F-250 with only one fuel pump problem. I am in the midst of changing mine over right now, thinking I will go with frybrid kit because they seem to have the best tech into it, I have also heard good things about http://www.elsbett.com/ but its all in german and the only installer is in pittsboro. the best fords to run on grease are the 99-03 PSDs because they have an electric fuel system.

Im not sure what these trucks go for right now with fuel as high as it is, when i bought mine two years ago I was happy with the 8k i paid for it. right now mine is at 210k on the clock and runs like a top.

12v CTD

Back