Ford Dana 44 front leaf sprung

Babailey

I have a Ford Dana 44 front from a late 70's super cab f150. I want to spring it under but the drivers side leaf spring perch is casted into the center section. The axle was sprung over in the f150. My question is has anybody sprung under this axle? Pictures would be great.

1226191628~2.jpg

This is waggy springs, sprung over, with 35's. I'm thinking spring it under will lower it about 6 inches, which will be perfect for 35's.

You’d be the first that wants to convert from over to under as far as I know. Just curious as to why?

As for changing it, I don’t know if it could be done because of the casting. I will have to look at mine closer when I get home to see if I could envision a way to fab the brackets needed to switch it.

It's easy
Cut the diagonal webbing on the center section. Make an "L" shaped perch that the short leg will attach to the tube. The long leg will become the flat surface for the leaf to mount on.
Make a flat ubolt plate and grind a place for the inner ubolt to run against the center section.
It's pretty much the opposite of converting a SUA axle to SOA.

I'm looking at lowering it because it sits way to high for 35 inch tires. I don't want to go any bigger in tire. In the picture the tires are 35's.

I'm looking at lowering it because it sits way to high for 35 inch tires. I don't want to go any bigger in tire. In the picture the tires are 35's.
I bought some u bolt eliminators from barnes that I wont be able to use. I would think you could trim them to fit around the casting.

That will be awesome.

Back