Ford d44 offset balljoints and death wobble

Scottal

Jeep I bought is a 2003 rubicon and has hp ford d44 and 9" under it. Finally got it back on the road last night and it has pretty bad steering wheel shake and death wobble at certain speeds. I know everybody has an opinion on death wobble but what fixed yours? Tie rod under the knuckle and drag link on top of knuckle, all 7/8 heims that are tight except for the roll with the misalignments and some shitty white shock stabilizer on it. Everything is tight as it should be and track bar doesnt have any play. I havent pulled caster angle yet and camber is off as the outside of tires are wearing faster than the rest. Who has a link for hp44 offset or adjustable balljoints? Or has anybody used the thread in bushing thing that adjusts for some degrees?

Side note... Jeeps are stupid, I'm stupid for buying it, and #kingpin4life

Care to elaborate how that helps death wobble?
I have had several 4x4 with the death wobbles due to the angles of the drag links with a lift and being worn out junk. I have tighten up the front and it would take care for a little while and start back. Everything i have put hydraulic assist on has stopped it all together it keeps the steering tight at the axle. I have been dealing with the death wobbles on my 04 rubicon for the last 10 years on and off i have a hydraulic assist for it to fix it for good if i ever get a chance to put it on. It has been lying in my garage for the last 2 years. Tires out of round will cause a lot of the death wobbles.

I have had several 4x4 with the death wobbles due to the angles of the drag links with a lift and being worn out junk. I have tighten up the front and it would take care for a little while and start back. Everything i have put hydraulic assist on has stopped it all together it keeps the steering tight at the axle. I have been dealing with the death wobbles on my 04 rubicon for the last 10 years on and off i have a hydraulic assist for it to fix it for good if i ever get a chance to put it on. It has been lying in my garage for the last 2 years. Tires out of round will cause a lot of the death wobbles.
Interesting. Im not opposed to doing this if nothing else worked but it would be easier just to do full hydro and be done.

Interesting. Im not opposed to doing this if nothing else worked but it would be easier just to do full hydro and be done.
Not sure on how the laws are there but here i think you need a mechanical connection from steering column to axle. That way if you blow a hose or engine dies you can still steer it. But this is Ky you can get by with about anything until something goes wrong and the lawyers get involved.

In my experience with a solid axle, if the camber is off, and the bearings or balljoints arent worn, something is bent; housing or knuckle. There might be companies selling offset BJs now, but in the past you just swapped out the tapered seat in the knuckle.

Not sure on how the laws are there but here i think you need a mechanical connection from steering column to axle. That way if you blow a hose or engine dies you can still steer it. But this is Ky you can get by with about anything until something goes wrong and the lawyers get involved.
This is true. Good thing my radio is stuck on breaking the law by Judas Priest.

In my experience with a solid axle, if the camber is off, and the bearings or balljoints arent worn, something is bent; housing or knuckle. There might be companies selling offset BJs now, but in the past you just swapped out the tapered seat in the knuckle.
I agree but after lots of youtube videos, couple of degrees of camber issues seems pretty common for these d44s.

Back