Ford 6.2, Dodge 6.4, GM 6.0 - Any experience?

Search is over, bought a 2016 GMC 3500HD 4x4 crew cab dually last night. 6.0/6L90, already has a Magnaflow catback, K&N FIPK and a couple other upgrades. Need to get a B&W hitch for it but I'll probably pull my Wildcat to Uwharrie with it on Sunday.

Thanks to everyone for all the input, suggestions and real-world info about these trucks.

How much and miles just curious?

Congrats on finding a truck !!!

How did you locate it , online or local?

Truck was at Crossroads Ford in Cary, wife actually saw it on Facebook marketplace. It rolled 48k miles on the way home last night. One owner, been in NC since new.

Only got a couple pics last night, was almost 11pm before we left the dealership.

index.php

Last edited:
Hmm...I'd gladly take that off your hands if it's cheap :D

It will be cheaper than a new one :D

Just let me know. I've been wanting to get one to sit on the front of my trailer so I can carry some fuel for my tractor and excavator.

Had some friends up this weekend and my buddy’s 7.3 excursion decided to dump all its ATF on the ride up the mtn. My truck was in use so I grabbed my brother in laws 6.2 truck to tow the Exxon Valdese back to Burlington. Hills it sat at 4K-4500 rpm but didn’t miss a beat. The 6spd keeps it in the power and there is only one little gap in the 3-4 shift that drops the rpm’s a little more than I’d like. The +17 6.2 is more refined and the different cam profile is noticeable if you’ve driven the earlier models. No shortage of power and would definitely recommend for this crowd hauling rigs around.

414BF31B-59BC-48A3-93B6-E3C6ADCAED96.jpeg

Had some friends up this weekend and my buddy’s 7.3 excursion decided to dump all its ATF on the ride up the mtn. My truck was in use so I grabbed my brother in laws 6.2 truck to tow the Exxon Valdese back to Burlington. Hills it sat at 4K-4500 rpm but didn’t miss a beat. The 6spd keeps it in the power and there is only one little gap in the 3-4 shift that drops the rpm’s a little more than I’d like. The +17 6.2 is more refined and the different cam profile is noticeable if you’ve driven the earlier models. No shortage of power and would definitely recommend for this crowd hauling rigs around.

View attachment 319455
If I were in the market for a new tow rig, I'd be all over a 250/350 with a 6.2 and 4.30 gearing.
Then I could choose one of my wall art front tags for decor
IMG_20200609_091521392.jpg

If I were in the market for a new tow rig, I'd be all over a 250/350 with a 6.2 and 4.30 gearing.
Then I could choose one of my wall art front tags for decor
View attachment 319462

I test drove a gas 7.3 recently...it was...eye opening.
We've got 6.2s in our service body 350 work trucks. And they have been good enough.

Of course longevity will be the key but the "godzilla" in empty form had more seat of the pants HP and TQ than a turbo diesel of 5 years ago. Even the early 6.7s wouldn't compare.

Last edited:
Back