Food p°rn

trailhugger

Human Resources
Administrator
We talk about recipes, shopping, and eating well on the cheap. What are your favorite, easiest, fanciest recipes?

Favorite and easy is pasta with a simple meat (beef, Italian sausage, or a combination) and tomato sauce and a salad. I always make up extra meat and freeze it, extra sauce to freeze or have with leftovers, and extra noodles to have with leftovers or use with another dish, such as peanut chicken or a Thai (ish) curry.

IMAG0946.jpg

Fanciest, of late, was a Corsican stuffed eggplant dish that was surprisingly easy and really good!
IMAG0953.jpg

This was a General Tso's chicken and broccoli I made a while back:
IMAG0834.jpg

We talk about recipes, shopping, and eating well on the cheap. What are your favorite, easiest, fanciest recipes?

Favorite and easy is pasta with a simple meat (beef, Italian sausage, or a combination) and tomato sauce and a salad. I always make up extra meat and freeze it, extra sauce to freeze or have with leftovers, and extra noodles to have with leftovers or use with another dish, such as peanut chicken or a Thai (ish) curry.

View attachment 199290

Fanciest, of late, was a Corsican stuffed eggplant dish that was surprisingly easy and really good!View attachment 199288

This was a General Tso's chicken and broccoli I made a while back:
View attachment 199291

...Our neighbors gave us some huge Eggplants from their garden a few times this summer and the Mrs. split and stuffed them w sauteed hot Italian sausage,tomatoes,onions, herbs mixed w breadcrumbs and cheese etc, and baked the big boats...............they were fantastic and the leftovers were even better the next night!

(correction......they were HUGE zucchinis and very tasty)

Last edited:
Hows the new one compare? Still just as good?

food was AWESOME.. same as always.. but new restaurant is 100 time better.. looks like they took over a failed Japanese restaurant.. so nice table, building etc

it was so worth the drive..

it is right next to the Lowes in Garner of 401 and 70 split

food was AWESOME.. same as always.. but new restaurant is 100 time better.. looks like they took over a failed Japanese restaurant.. so nice table, building etc

it was so worth the drive..

it is right next to the Lowes in Garner of 401 and 70 split

Awesome, will have to try it out. I was going to the Durham one for a while, but will have to hit this up soon.

Awesome, will have to try it out. I was going to the Durham one for a while, but will have to hit this up soon.

just had the leftovers for lunch and was just as good again :)

hell yeah !

when you work on the road, and nothing else is appealing or available, its a cheap go to, it doesn't have to be fancy, but it fills a void in the middle of the day and usually readily available at most convince stores. and a lot less likely to make you sick over some "grill" options on the road ( there are some scary places out there ! )

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445129145.189180.jpg

Little homemade chicken quesadilla with onions, peppers, maters and fiesta cheese. Slathered in butter and fried to a golden crisp. Well, I went a little past golden on that side.

I need an UN-like option

......I would rather eat whatever is stuck to the bottom of my boots and lick the crevices clean, than eat potted meat on the most delicious cracker.

When I was young, during summer break I'd stay with my grandparents. My grandfather was a carpenter and also laid carpet and tile. I would go to work with him and everyday for lunch we'd eat potted meat or Vienna Sausages with crackers. Guess that's where I developed the taste for both. Even my wife turns her nose up at them but her family is a bunch of Yankees so I expect it.

When the apocalypse comes and people are gagging trying to choke down a potted meat cracker, I'll be enjoying mine having fond memories of my childhood and of my grandfather....... lol

I like sardines too!

Back