Flying commercial with a lot of cash?

Like I said civil assert forfeiture. If the cops find it they can take it.

Sure it’s possible but dress and act responsible.
Have paperwork for why you have the cash.
Don’t break other laws and it’ll never be an issue.
Done it..well more times than I wish to mention

I'm with Ron. At least you are not walking through TSA where they are going to search you. The chances of getting pulled over are slim if you drive with some sense, the chances of getting pulled over AND SEARCHED are next to impossible. If the money isn't "in the bank" it raises way too many red flags to put it in just to get a cashiers check made.

A first class non stop flight from charlotte to Denver is about $400. I'd tape the cash to my taint for two days before driving that. Flying domestically with cash really isn't an issue, just like driving with it isn't. Rv probably already sold by now anyway.

I'd tape the cash to my taint for two days before driving that.
Taint money....you're on a whole new level

Screenshot_20200917-110245_Chrome.jpg

Only laws for traveling with cash is international (must declare $10k+).

You can fly with millions of dollars of cash on you domestically. As long as it’s not covered in cocaine residue you’ll be fine. $10k bricks of cash are like 6”x6”x2.5”. You can fit around $3 million Cash in a standard briefcase Based on simple math. I don’t know how much he needs to carry, but stick it in a laptop bag (which can hold over a million) and throw a lock on it.

If he’s not Doing anything illegal, Make it rain.

Thanks for all the responses. It was too late In the day for him to think about getting a check cut, so he just sucked it up. Said he threw it in his back pack, well most of it, some he had on him and some his wife had...lol. but anyway he said Precheck was a good thing, breezed right through trying not to figit like a drug smuggler and all was fine. Made it to his hotel today and money is in the safe. He just has to go inspect the RV later this evening. Oh and he had read a lot of the asset forfeitures! It was one of the reasons for this thread.

HA HA HA HA.....hotel room safe....Just about every employee and maid can open them!

Would be safer to hang it out of his pockets and walk thru downtown detroit at 2am.

Sure it’s possible but dress and act responsible.
Have paperwork for why you have the cash.
Don’t break other laws and it’ll never be an issue.
Done it..well more times than I wish to mention

And all the TSA has to do is say they suspect it is drug money. More than one person has lost a money to a government entity through CAF. They don't have to give it back, you have to fight to get it back. Most people never do. Te best practice is, unless you can afford to walk away from whatever sum of money you are carrying, not to carry a large sum of money. People have had paperwork, bank receipts, letter of promise to buy things and still lost the money.

HA HA HA HA.....hotel room safe....Just about every employee and maid can open them!

Would be safer to hang it out of his pockets and walk thru downtown detroit at 2am.
Well hopefully it works out for him. I will know tomorrow if the hotel room cost him way more than he anticipated!

W

We stayed in a room that had a safe that was locked. Heath wanted to put stuff in it. It took me 1 Google search and 30 seconds to open it and change the combination.

Finishing this thread off.

Somehow he was lucky enough for the money he put in the safe while he went to eat was there when he got back. Inspected RV Thursday evening and all good. Picked it up Friday mid morning, left Colorado Springs around 11am and got home 5PM on Sunday. Could have made better time, but the having wife along for the ride, she preferred to stay at RV park in evenings. The small things that bothered him was having no tools and no means of pocket security. Luckily didn't need either. Said rig ran flawless and avg. 8.6 mpg for the 1507 miles home.

Finishing this thread off.

Somehow he was lucky enough for the money he put in the safe while he went to eat was there when he got back. Inspected RV Thursday evening and all good. Picked it up Friday mid morning, left Colorado Springs around 11am and got home 5PM on Sunday. Could have made better time, but the having wife along for the ride, she preferred to stay at RV park in evenings. The small things that bothered him was having no tools and no means of pocket security. Luckily didn't need either. Said rig ran flawless and avg. 8.6 mpg for the 1507 miles home.
Have I mentioned I hate flying?

Could have checked a bag with a protection device in the bag.
Didn't we recently have a thread on here about not trusting the acronym agencies when flying with valuables? :lol:

I'd have just stopped and bought a common socket set and some basic tools for less than $150ish, which would then be dedicated to staying with the RV.

After what happened to @Nakoma recently on a trip, it was a real eye opener that it's always worth having some tools on hand in every vehicle. Maybe if we didn't drive junk it wouldn't be a problem. But he wound up on some beach island working on the Burb. I'll let him explain it. Would have really sucked far worse had he not just had some tools with him.

that it's always worth having some tools on hand in every vehicle.

I've always been a believer in this. First thing after we bought my wife's brand new Honda I put jumper cables, a cheapo 12v air compressor, and a cheapo walmart special socket set in with the spare tire. Within a month I had to use the socket set on a trip.

Duane

I'd have just stopped and bought a common socket set and some basic tools for less than $150ish, which would then be dedicated to staying with the RV.

After what happened to @Nakoma recently on a trip, it was a real eye opener that it's always worth having some tools on hand in every vehicle. Maybe if we didn't drive junk it wouldn't be a problem. But he wound up on some beach island working on the Burb. I'll let him explain it. Would have really sucked far worse had he not just had some tools with him.

Yes, the fuel pump went out while I was on Davis island. Dropped the tank in the sand, used a cut up chap stick tube and a sharpie lid for fuel line disconnect tools, had a pump the next morning via ferry. (Davis ferry service is who we use when we go and a huge shout out to them. They went to morehead city and pick up the pump for me and didn’t charge me a dime for that service!) and back running in a couple hours. Shit like that sucks, but that’s what makes memories! And yes, the junk I drive I always have tools and some spare parts. And I didn’t read through this thread so I’m not sure how in the hell this applys to “flying with cash”

Back