Flow Bodyshop Winston Salem, what a joke, do not use.....

Hyperlite

My mom did some front end damage on her 1998 BMW M-Roadster and needed some work done. She with out listening to her sons had the dealership, Flow of Winston do the work. I got it on a drark rainy day and when the sun came out I relized that the front end was not the same color as the rest of the car. I understand my moms Roadster was a 98 but no blending was used and I don't think it is even the right org. color. The passenger fender gaps are very noticable. Ok this is just poor work I guess. I met Josh (Hard Taco) in Durham and showed him the M engine, when I poped the hood I noticed that the valance in front of the radiator and the underside of the hood was grey primer and the factory stickers and emblems were even applied. Now thats just slack that you can't even notice that the car wasn't finished before you put the stickers on.

I called flow and asked them to pick the car up in Mooresville under an hour away and arrange transportation for their screwup. They told me no loaner car and to bring the car back between 8-5 m-f. I told them I can't due to work and they said figure it out and when I'm there talk to Jeff or Jerry.

I'll post pics tommarrow, Stealerships suck....

Yeap, talk to Jerry... met him about 2-3 weeks ago. Appears to be a no BS guy, so all it should take from him (been in the biz for years) is a quick peek at the coloring & overspray to go rail on the tech. Just stay calm and pleasant (even though that hasn't been extended to you yet) when your explaining it...

I hate to say it man, but thats the way most dealerships are, its all about the turn around for them. They don't make any money by taking there time, or letting things sit. Flow bought my parents a new 98 suburban in the jan of 98 after totaling a 97 of there's with 2500 miles. And it sat in there body shop for a week before they decided to let us know. nice people over there...

2KFLEXJ said:
I hate to say it man, but thats the way most dealerships are, its all about the turn around for them.

You can thank the stinking ass insurance companies for that. Dealership bodyshops are not the only ones that have this problem. The problem is that the insurance companies IE Nationwide especially don't pay shops blend time or prep time in order for them (the insurance company) to remain more profitable. This creates crappy work because the bodyman/painter is rushed in order to make any money. Todays bodyshop labor rate is still only $36-40 per hour. Service department labor rates run between $50-85 per hour. Pretty big gap wouldn't you say? The reason? Insurance companys. There are 42 insurance companies that sell car insurance in NC. Nationwide is ranked #42 by the members of The Independent Body Shop Association.

Who is the company paying your claim?

Back