flat belly on a 84 toy

Mr_DIY

I think I am going to change my mind again and do a flat belly.

I pm'd metal mangler for some info but I thought I'd start a thread of how everybody went about this and if there were any issues with oiling etc...

please make your experience know so I can benefit from it.

I'll use a budbuilt flat Xmember, bolt the motor mounts down, window weld in the single tcase mount. can't decide if I should run tube through my cab and mount the seats on it/ built a tunnel and mount the seats in the stock location, or build a sub floor outta 1x1 like metalmanger. opinions and advice are appreciated.

thanks. oh yeah- I'm dual cased

Tube to mount seats, raise the tunnel. Want to do it at the house? Lemme know. You do know your being a regaular cab frame you might have to cut the horse collar out right?

Ratman said:
Tube to mount seats, raise the tunnel. Want to do it at the house? Lemme know. You do know your being a regaular cab frame you might have to cut the horse collar out right?

the horse collar being the /---\
-- -- thing under the cab? I guess so. I want to make it happen. I'd like to get started on it this w/k. had plans to have ben, chad, and a buddy jayson over to pull the cab but maybe I'll wait for that and just start the flat belly. more info needed. :D

oh yeah- my interior is bedlined 100% so I'd have to grind off 1" around the tunnel to weld on and then re-spray it after completion.

Back