Fishing Report

Jake.

So I thought I would start a thread about folks' experiences fishing in NC. Just a place and what you caught/didn't catch.

We drifted the Roanoke River today between Weldon and Scotland Neck and didn't catch shit. I think mostly because the storms that hit last night churned the water up so
Much. The water was really brown and we couldn't even get a good reading on the fish finder

Caught these a badin today on shad behind the dam. The white bass was on a sassy tail.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398554303.426396.jpg

Flat head was almost 28lbs

Nice Trout hall there..

My father and I were Bass fishing Lake Hickory today, water at 62 now,still a little cool, didnt catch crap, not even any small males roaming the banks, fished floating trick worm a good bit , spinner bait and worm draggin, either the bass havent moved up yet up here, just wasnt biting, or we just plain suck.

The wife and i went out and fished a little at the bullhole in cooleemee and caught a bunch of small white bass. Caught a couple crappie at a nearby pond in cleveland also.

Fished lake glenville earlier this week didn't get a bite. Went trout fishing today below lake logan and did pretty good for it being a heavily fished part of the river

My uncle is catching quite a bit of crappies on high rock. Went last week and caught some 9-12inchers. He keeps rubbing it in sending me pictures all weekend.

The guys I went with yesterday hit the Roanoke river again today. He said the water cleared up and they caught 40+ striper. None of them keepers though since they have to be at least 18"

Fished with the kids this weekend on Little River Reservoir, Which is the lake I live on. Caught a bunch of Crappie, I brought a GIANT Bass to the shore chasing a Rattle trap, but he took off in the shallow water.... Oh well.

I've wanted to fish that lake since right after it was built. I heard they flooded some nice ponds when it was constructed and it had some huge bass in it instantly. The water is also very clean compared to some other lakes in the area. I did fish Little river right below the Dam during lunch breaks when I surveyed/layed out a street/subdivision beside the river in Treyburn in the 90s and I swear I caught a fish w every cast w a white curlytail jig. Crappie, Bream, lots of fiesty small bass and I hooked a nice Raccoon perch. As I got it near the bank a 6 lb Bass came out of a deep hole and inhaled it and now I was fighting it w 6 lb. test! I managed to land it but it was tough, I had to slide down the steep 10' bank I had been hoisting the smaller fish up and I was sure it was gonna break off on the rocks and sticks in the river that it fought all around.

We have been doing a good bit of bank fishing the past few weeks on Belews and haven't really caught anything worth bragging about...

My brothers girlfriends Dad has been out at High rock a lot lately reeling in some monsters... Needless to say we are planning a trip out there soon.
amanda.jpg

I'm so ready to do some serious cat fishing. We usually jug and pole fish cats at Kerr Lake in the summer. We end up with some good ones and also a good buzz while camping at Satterwhite Point. I want to fish Badin this summer but I am too consumed in wheeling to get any fishing done

went bowfishing for some cats tonight, but the water was really murky. Caught these fox kits playing instead. No fish, but watching these guys was pretty entertaining....

I've wanted to fish that lake since right after it was built. I heard they flooded some nice ponds when it was constructed and it had some huge bass in it instantly. The water is also very clean compared to some other lakes in the area. I did fish Little river right below the Dam during lunch breaks when I surveyed/layed out a street/subdivision beside the river in Treyburn in the 90s and I swear I caught a fish w every cast w a white curlytail jig. Crappie, Bream, lots of fiesty small bass and I hooked a nice Raccoon perch. As I got it near the bank a 6 lb Bass came out of a deep hole and inhaled it and now I was fighting it w 6 lb. test! I managed to land it but it was tough, I had to slide down the steep 10' bank I had been hoisting the smaller fish up and I was sure it was gonna break off on the rocks and sticks in the river that it fought all around.

Y'all are welcome to come up anytime. We have 4 acres, most of it water front. We fish almost nightly and although I keep missing them, I read the Bass are something awesome !

Nighttime and dusk/dawn are a great time to catch giant Bass. You should get a jonboat to fish the lake at night. Some topwater baits like a Pop-Rs, jitterbugs, floating frog imitations, or floating lures w props on them will catch big fish all night long. You will want to use 10 or 12 lb line cause big fish are more likely to bite at night or in low light. You also might want to get a fish feeder w a timer. It will attract Panfish and Catfish to the area and in time they will learn when the feeder goes off and gather around the fishfinder each time it spreads the feed making for some intense action you can set your watch to and the kids can catch them easily and not get bored because they aren't biting. I'd like to get up there and give you some pointers on your casting and lures/baits/techniques to catch big Bass.

Does anybody fish Hartwell? My 3 year old son caught 10 brim last sunday off the dock. Not very exciting to most, but watching my 3 year old reel in his first fish all by himself was pretty exciting for me. We'll be back down there next weekend so I can get some time in. Hopefully I'll drag something in worth posting up here.

The flat heads have arived at baden! We caught 4 and had 5 on the line and 2 more rods doubled over when the anchor swivel came undone and we lost it!!!! Cut the lines and rolled out before we where in the rocks....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399234568.199551.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399234577.865316.jpg

Had a good day in the rain today at tuckertown. My uncle has it figured out. Biggest one was 20lbs I believe. My first time catching larger ones on a rod. Usually just throw out jugs to catch cats. Caught a few crappies waiting on bites.
uploadfromtaptalk1399778582503.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1399778606993.jpg

Gigging at Carolina Beach wasn't too bad this evening. Fished both sides of the tide but didn't fill the cooler.
uploadfromtaptalk1400916254341.jpg

Tireburner, did you go with a guide? We head to carolina and wrightsville a few times during the summer. Me and a buddy have been wanting to try gigging. I know several guides offer it. Looks fun

My brother and uncle have their commercial fishing licenses, I just go out with them. I was joking with my uncle saying he needs to do guides. He's been gigging this area since the 80s.

Back