Fire sprinkler system rework costs - or anyone with recommendations?

Blaze

The Jeeper Reaper
I have some friends who bought a small 9000sqft gym up here in Wake County. It has a lay-in ceiling that is ROUGH. Grids damaged, tiles are broken up from stuff being smacked against them, etc. The ceiling is at 12ft now and there are pendant sprinklers poked through. The deck is at 16ft. It would be way more ideal to just tear out the ceiling and leave it open to deck. I know that we would need to convert to an upright sprinkler probably, but we would really like to relocate all the pipe and sprinkler heads up as high as we can.

I don't really have any contacts at work for light commercial fire protection since we are consulting pharma engineers. Does anyone know any places that are good that won't bend us over? It is up in the eastern Wake Forest area.

When I worked in the area, we always used Crawford. They seemed to be reasonably priced.

and, look at the riser and check the inspection paperwork to see who has been servicing the system; maybe give them a call as well. Chances are they also installed it and have the design paperwork.

you might as well budget a new system. Taking that pipe down and reworking it and reinstalling is likely the same cost as a new system.

you might as well budget a new system. Taking that pipe down and reworking it and reinstalling is likely the same cost as a new system.
Kind of what I was thinking too.

Allied or Associated. I'm not sure about something that small .. $5/sf??

Shoulda just asked your bro!

:lol: he's looking in to it too.

Blaze,
I don’t do fire sprinkler but I have some good references I can send your way. Shoot me a message with contact info.

But I would be happy to handle any extinguisher and emergency lighting needs they may have!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crawford, allied, or associated.

My dad worked for Crawford’s when I was born doing fire protection systems all over the southeast. They were a very good company back then and he always regretted leaving and going to work for another sprinkler outfit. Sprinkler work is hard ass dirty work but I enjoyed going to work with him in my teenage years. Was offered a few jobs over the years doing it when I got out of school and after my dad passed away.

Daniel was/is a member here. Hasn't been active in a few years, but good guy.

20200923_063352.jpg

We've been seeing <$5 sqft for NEW +55k sqft installations this past year. I would imagine if you're changing classifications and simply flipping heads it wouldnt be nearly $4sqft. As long as the flow rate wont change significantly

Back