Fire Extinguisher Question

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by BigClay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. BigClay

BigClay Well-Known Member

I was loading up my Jeep for wheeling next weekend and noticed this on my fire extinguisher. I have never used it. Can it be recharged? Is it useless as it is right now?

ACC7E169-6DA0-4A7F-9B62-7DD0D68E650D.jpeg

2. shawn

shawn running dog lackey of the oppressor class Administrator

You can screw the top off and pour it out on something.

Looks like it still has about 100 psi in it, but if it has a metal valve, it can be recharged.

IIRC, there's a guy on here that's near you and does extinguisher service for a living...

rodney eppes and BigClay like this.
  3. awheelterd

awheelterd Well-Known Member

shawn, LBZ_Duramax and rodney eppes like this.
  4. LBZ_Duramax

LBZ_Duramax Well-Known Member

It’s useless right now, if you bump the handle and discharge even a little it will leak the pressure out. That’s a very good extinguisher, I’m in Benson and would be happy to recharge it for you if you’re local.

5. oscar80

oscar80 Well-Known Member

I got a mess of nicer out of hydro extinguishers is it worth having them hydro'd and recharged?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

6. ghost

ghost Well-Known Member

We had a fire scare at the Crawl. One of mine failed. It was a heap plastic head. I'll make sure that does not happen again. It was a fuel fire and we could not get it out. It took 5 extinguishers to put it out. I'm seriously considering adding two more to the two I have.

Atla likes this.
  7. awheelterd

awheelterd Well-Known Member

@LBZ_Duramax can sell you brand new ones for pretty much the same cost as testing and refilling. At least that's the line he fed me when he redid my whole facility! :lol:

Jody Treadway likes this.
  8. BigClay

BigClay Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer, I am in Winston Salem, so a little ways from you. Know any places near me that could recharge it? I have a 2.5 one that is good to go but I like having the 5 in addition.

EDIT: @LBZ_Duramax could I buy a new one form you? If so how soon could I get it (leaving on Thursday unfortunately is why I am asking)

9. JSJJ388

JSJJ388 GREEN GREMLIN

Not much use as it sits. Its got a metal valve, so can likely be refilled. Youre in Winston, I recommend Hamptonville Fire Extinguishers. Great guy and knows his stuff.

Hamptonville Fire Extinguisher Sales and Services - Hamptonville, North Carolina - Business Service, Defense Company | Facebook

Or, if the guy on here is close to you use him. We gotta support each other when we can!

10. LBZ_Duramax

LBZ_Duramax Well-Known Member

If anyone is around benson I usually have some that we have removed from commercial businesses. They are metal valves but due for various service. Great for vehicles.