February 26th Forest Service Workday Cancled

J.C.

Volunteer
Hi Everyone - I'm sorry about the short notice. Several volunteers came up the January 28 - 29th and February 18-19th weekends for the chainsaw training and we had a lot of folks up for the December work weekend. This past weekend our folks also ended up on a few fires so we're not going to have a work weekend this Saturday afterall. We'll have one more work weekend for the off season to get the trails set for opening day. The trails maintenance contractor should be starting soon to repair the trail tread and drainage.

For Saturday, March 26th we'll work on clearing any downed trees & hazard trees from the trails with our newly trained chainsaw volunteers. Also, we'll finish off the guardrail installation on Falls Dam Trail and a few other trail locations on other trail. We'll also be installing carsonite signs at the trail intersections for the OHV trails, & roads, & non-motorized trails to reduce some of the confusion out there. Also, the adopt a trail signs that have gone missing will be available for us to install that day too for your clubs.

Please let me know if your club is coming up for the March 26th work weekend & about how many folks you'll have. If you'll be able to bring up any equipment like a tractor or skid steer with an auger to use for the guardrail please let me know.

We'll meet at Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9 am that Saturday. Also, please let Janet & / or I know if you'll need campsites and how many for your club to camp at Arrowhead. Pass this on to your newly trained chainsaw folks and the rest of your club and we'll see who can make it.

Thanks a lot everyone. I'm looking forward to another great year and we appreciate your volunteering. Take care and we'll see you in March. Bye - Terry

Uwharrie Employees - Please let me know if you are willing and able to work the weekend of March 26th with the volunteers. Thanks. Terry

Theresa Stevens Savery (Terry)
District Recreation Staff Supervisor
National Forests of North Carolina
Uwharrie National Forest
789 NC Hwy 24/27 East
Troy, NC 27371-9332
Phone #: 910-576-6391 x 102 Fax #: 910-576-4171
Cell #: 910-975-0274
Email: tsavery@fs.fed.us

Thanks JC for relaying that, maybe I can make it on March 26th!

Back