Ever heard of Square Trade?

EasySteve

A few of y'all know I've been hunting a cheaper tow rig (I don't want any payments), and I have inquired on a bunch outside of this board and I am seeking advice on what I feel may be a scam.

I recieved a response back on a 1999 Dodge 2500 4x4 ext cab, auto, cummins, 152K, SLT Laramie. Its located in Delray Beach, FLA. There are a couple things that make me question if this may be a scam. (which is what I'm leaning towards)

He wrote:

If you are interested in buying the truck this is how i propose we handle the transaction.
The car will be shipped on my expance, and it will be at your door in 1 max 2 days.
If you want to continue, please send me your full name and shipping address so i can let Square Trade know that you are interested. You will receive an email from them instructing you how to send payment and they'll release the funds to me only after you receive and inspect the car. I think that is a fair way to make business and I hope that you agree. I don't touch your money until you receive and inspect the vehicle.
Hoping that I have kept your attention and your interest is still on, I am looking forward to your answer.

Any thoughts?

heed your sig

So very true, although I just wanted additional opinions.

I just did a little more digging and it seems Square Trade never acts as an Escrow Agent. hmm... maybe I'll just dump this lead.

THIS "Square Trade"?

While I wouldn't discount a sellers use of this service, I would be leery of buying a rig sight unseen via the web. At least drive/fly down to scope it out & test drive it BEFORE you fork over your (hard earned?) Franklins!

I know several guys (basically run car lots) that regularly buy/sell via Ebay without any issues what so ever. There have been a couple of folks here that purchased via Ebay and were told by the seller "*if* you get here to pickup the vehicle and feel it's been misrepresented, pay the listing fee and walk away no questions asked"...

Back