Elect fuel pump question

JSEsterly

I've got an aftermarket "Facet" - posi-flow electric fuel pump that was installed on my burb prior to me buying it.. it started making a clicking noise over the last couple days.. Any idea what this is? Thanks!

I had an old Purolater that would do that when it was first cut on.. until it stopped sucking air. Once the gas reached it, it would quiet down. It also did this on hills. See it was mounted on the fender for a quick fix when my mech. pump died, so it had to pull the fuel when it should of been pushing it. It made that same clicking sound more and more every week even when I was not on a hill.

I am assuming its either starving for fuel.. Where is yours mounted?

Or maybe its just getting old, as mine did that the older it got. May want to go buy a cheapie at advance to carry with you just in case.

yeah its mounted on the fenderwell.. and it does it sitting still. Took me a day to figure out where the clicking was going from, I figured it out by just turning the acc on so I could hear it over the engine. I first thought something was loose and was vibrating..

ok heres what I found out... the type ive got is sold by Jc Whitney.. it can be mounted anywhere you want it.. But, I have NO idea how many gph fuel pump I actually need.... I really didnt want to wait until JC Whitney could send me a replacement.. so I stopped at Advance.. they sell a Holley.. 110 GPH high per. one.. which seems like over kill and a gas waster to me.. any thoughts?

Why don't you just put the mechanical one back on and forget it.
no wires
no noise
and very cheap
and no problems
if it brakes and you out on the road/trail, you can find one anywhere.
Just my .02

Carbs require 7psi, I installed one from advance for about $20, do not put over 7psi pump on carb without a regulator. They make a 7psi pump, just ask for it they will know which one you need, plus it will be on the box. I mounted mine on a crossmember @ fuel tank, be sure an put a good filter in front of pump.

Back