EB Ton swap

sqrl$$

Helping a buddy do an axle swap on his EB. I will try to keep everything updated, but the work will be slow. He is trying to sell his D44 & 9" combo to build the tons so if anybody is interested let me know.
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Fab_20work_Ton_20swap_DSCN0363.jpg

Axle we are putting in:
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Fab_20work_Ton_20swap_DSCN0290.jpg

New Bling-Bling:
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Fab_20work_Ton_20swap_DSCN0364.jpg

Started to mount the wheels for rollers:
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Fab_20work_Ton_20swap_DSCN0365.jpg

Pulled front D44 apart to put in new ball joints:
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Fab_20work_Ton_20swap_DSCN0281.jpg

The 44 has 4.56's, full spool, lock-outs or drive flanges, Warn shafts, CTM's and a heavy diff cover. He would prefer to sell as a whole, but he will part it out also.

Rear 9" has 4.56's, Detroit, Warn drive flanges, Warn full-floater kit. He also has 3" wheel spacers f/s if anybody wants them.

D44 front also has $100 worth of new ball joints in it!

His number is (336) 250-3128 and his name is Jonathan. Give him a call and see what he says.

Rear axle is out. He decided to remove the rear spring brackets and stretch the rear axle back to put the wheel base at 100"
DSC02066.jpg

DSC02067.jpg

Can't wait to see it done, but I wouldn't crawl under that rear with two high-lifts holding it up! Yes, I see the jack stands, but that looks scary.

Did that Bronco come from the MT. View area? Looks like one a friend used to own, Jason Lackey. The hood scoop and color was just like his. Has it got a T-18 in it?

No fear, nobody was under it like that, just temporary while we rolled the rear out. It has been his for the last 8 or 9 yrs, and has been around here (Lexington) since before that. It has a Dana 20 twin-stick t-case and a C-4 auto in it.

Cool, I got a soft spot for ol Bronco's. I can't afford em. Doing anything special suspension wise? I got a C4 and J shift Dana20 from one of those and have wondered how tough either of the two were. I also run the EB axles in a Ranger but keep blowing up the steering joints.

Gonna be running leafs in the rear and using Duff radius arms on the front with air shocks or possibly coilovers.

sweet build. i love early bronco's.

Finally made some progress the other night. We have both been busy with work lately (luckily). Got the rear spring hangers moved and re-welded, mounted spring perches and have the Bronco sitting back on the tires. Still need to make new shock mounts, get driveshaft made and hook up/bleed brakes.
DSCN0477.jpg

ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_DSCN0481.jpg

Now have some serious fender trimming to do.
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_DSCN0476.jpg

Holy Spring Packs Batman!

Do I count 9 leaves in those suckers? Do they flex at all?

They actually flex awesome. They are really thin leaves. I cannot remember if they are alcon springs or national, but they flex great, ride good and seem to handle axle wrap pretty good. I said the same thing when I first saw them, but after seeing them in action, I am a believer.

Now time to start working on mounting the brackets for the front Duff arms
DSCN0483.jpg

He got the front axle out today:
DSCN0484.jpg
[/IMG]
Cutting the excess casting off:
DSCN0487.jpg
[/IMG]

ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Fab_20work_Ton_20swap_DSCN0488.jpg

Finally a little progress, he got the coil mounts and control arm brackets made. (Used strap just to hold coil in place for fitment)
IMG00015-20090824-2021.jpg
[/IMG]
It is sitting on it's own suspension and tires again.
IMG00016-20090824-2022.jpg
[/IMG]
Still needs the coil buckets mounted, shocks, brakes, driveshafts, gears, lockers and hydro-assist mounted.

Rear tubs cut and stretched back ready for a new filler panel.
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Fab_20work_Ton_20swap_fender2.jpg

ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Fab_20work_Ton_20swap_IMG00020_20090903_1634.jpg

ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Fab_20work_Ton_20swap_fender1.jpg

Back