Easy trails at Ur?

Stump

Are there trails at ur. that can be run with a stock full size P/U? If so how do they compare to the Trials at Brown Mt.?

wolf's den and fall's dam are pretty easy, mostly just rolling hills and a few little rocks. I've never been to brown so i can't compare. I see no problem with a stock fullsize making it on those 2 trails

A buddy ran the Rocky Mountain Loop w/ a bone-stock LWB '76 F-150 w/ 33" tires about a month ago.

Stump said:
... how do they compare to the Trials at Brown Mt.?
If you made it thru Brn. mtn. You won't have many problems as long as you take the right lines... You'll bottom out in a couple of places over the whooptie doos...It's always good to take a friend. And if you're nice and polite you'll be able to find someone at elderado outpost that can help guide you. that's also one of the places to get a permit.

YEAH!!!! and it was CRAZY!!!! OMG!!!111!!! :driver: :D :beer: :driver:

it can be done in anything... and anything can run any trail at URE... i just so happened to pay the price with a busted cv axle late saturday and got to be a passenger on sunday :mad: it was a blast nonetheless and i would do it again tomorrow if someone would put in a spare cv axle for me cause im too lazy to do it when the ifs is coming out anyway :D

i also ran daniel without much help (just a little to keep me from going down the hill to the right of the ledge) and at the very top where i broke my axle... the rest was all down hill and throttle in 2wd with no muffler/cat

Saw a Honda CRV one weekend on Dickey Bell then ran into him again right past Kodak Rock on RML... not sure if he came up past Kodak Rock or not but it was on the trail.

91yota said:
the rest was all down hill and throttle in 2wd with no muffler/cat

YING-YING-YING-YING-YING-YING-YING -

*tire smoke*

*scattered laughter*

YING-YING-YING-YING-YING-YING-YING

etc, etc.

That shit was great Aaron.

input

i have been to brown mtn. and also uwharrie, they are to both different places, at brown mtn. it is like an dirt road you around the moutain til the top, but if you then come back down on an different trail, it turn into more off road when there become very steep hill, and even deep thick shit mud hole that are bad after a rain storm. on the other hand uwharrie there are alot on rock that are in the trails, yes i have known people to take stock and some mod. vechile on those trails.

I went to brown mt with uglyjeepoffroad last year and had no trouble. It was a great trip. Ur is closer and it sounds like it would be more fun. At brown a riderless ATV almost took out my grill, and I was stoped.

Waay back in the day when my Z71 was almost stock my buddy and i ran the easy trails at uwharrie i had my Z71 w/ 2" of lift and 32's and he had a stock nissan frontier, so yea the easy trails are pretty easy, I can only think of one moderatly challenging spot (for a stock vehicle) on the entire easy trails, but you can bypass it

On a DRY weekend...no problem, you will generally be able to put your tires where you need them to stay and do 'most' of Uwharrie without body dmg. You will find a few spots it will take a SMALL amount of momentum to make it up/over.

On a wet weekend...unless you have mud terrains I wouldn't even try it. I have ton most of Uwharrie in my 72 Blazer, 32" all terrains...on dry days. (No lockers at that time)

Enjoy!

Sam

lets put it this way...i ran all of the "hard" trails last weekend in a stock sammi with 3 BALD tires and 1 good tire, and i only got strapped up the end of the hillclimb on daniel and the ledge on daniel. and i dont consider my self a good driver compared to some

As many have said, only time Uwharrie is challenging is when it is wet.

I don't even bother anymore unless it's raining.

Ridgerunner said:
if you are stock do not run daniel it is no longer possible in a stock rig

3 weeks ago, my buddy took his mazda b2400 STOCK truck up daniel. no lockers no nothing, on some pimp 235/15/75 pep boys tires.:beer:

I ran al the trails up there a few years back in my stock YJ. Not sure I could make it past Daniel without a tow if I was still stock. Notice I did not say could not be done stock just said I was not sure. Everything up there as the others have said is no problem when it is dry. When it is wet well then you will have a challenge in a stock rig.

Any trail success is more dependent on driving skill and knowledge of your vehicle's limitations than it is on anything else. There are those who couldn't get a fully prepared mega-machine up Falls Dam while others can negotiate all the trails with a bone-stock outta-the-showroom 4x4. That ain't to say that you could take on the big rock at Kodak with a 2005 Explorer, but you may get it past it on one of the bypasses. You'll never know till ya try the trails with what ya got. That's how you find out what you need to do to your vehicle to accomodate the trails you run.

I keep hearing about URE when wet. Everytime I have been there( in the late summer,/fall, it has been dry as a bone, a dust bowl. Guess I need to hit it in the spring.

upnover said:
I keep hearing about URE when wet. Everytime I have been there( in the late summer,/fall, it has been dry as a bone, a dust bowl. Guess I need to hit it in the spring.

Chip, I was down there a few weeks ago when it had rained for a week before. I've been going down there at least 10 years and that was the hardest I've ever seen it play. Acutally had some problems on Kodak :) The FS roads were even enjoyable.

Sounds like a go for next weekend, if it's dry. How much is a daily permit? how do I get to elderado outpost from hwy 27 out of Charlotte? How would y'all rank the trails, easyest to hardest?

Back