Eastern Nc C6 rebuild

Discussion in 'Vendor and Shop Referrals' started by YJKrawlin, Oct 11, 2019.

1. YJKrawlin

YJKrawlin Active Member

Looking for a reputable shop to do a rebuild in a sbf 4x4 c6 transmission. Looking for full rebuild, possibly a shift kit and a stock converter. Any recommendations in the eastern nc/ Greenville nc area? Thanks in advance!

2. UTfball68

UTfball68 Well-Known Member

Subscribed...been having a helluva time finding anyone in NC that does transmissions full time that has an almost unanimous good rep. It's been 3-4 years since I've had a C6 or e4od rebuilt, but I was getting one done every 6 months or so for a while, and always had to bring it back 2-3 times to get it right. I have a couple rollerized C6's I'm wanting to get built, and I'm not feeling very confident.

YJKrawlin likes this.
  3. iwaxmyjimmy

iwaxmyjimmy College Web Wheeler

Bobby’s transmission in Kinston, owned by Bobby Brinkley. I’ve never heard anything bad about his transmissions. I know he’s mainly a GM guy, but worth a phone call to see.

DSM Turbos and YJKrawlin like this.
  4. YJKrawlin

YJKrawlin Active Member

I'll shoot him a call. Half of the people in town I've called "dont work on stuff that old" and Aamco wanted to quote me $3k? Something seemed wrong with that quote. I'll definitely get a quote from him. Thanks!

5. iwaxmyjimmy

Or see if Sue or Linda Roebuck at Hastings has Tommy Upton’s number if he still works on stuff.

YJKrawlin likes this.
  6. YJKrawlin

YJKrawlin Active Member

Is that doc (dont know his actual name)? I know I've been told to get up with him but haven't gotten a call back from him yet, left him a message though.

7. iwaxmyjimmy

No it was the shop foreman at Hastings that I know he’s done a few things for Ed. But not sure how extensive he used him over the years.

8. YJKrawlin

YJKrawlin Active Member

I think that's who built Ed's c4 in the green bronco. I'll see if I can get his contact info.

9. Croatan_Kid

Croatan_Kid How's your hammer hangin'?

I will second Brinkley in Kinston. He puts together some nice ones for a buddy of mine that does tuning/dyno/engine builds.

10. rockcity

rockcity everyday is a chance to get better

WG likely knows who to call for that kind of work.

11. YJKrawlin

YJKrawlin Active Member

He made the same suggestion as Kenny

rockcity likes this.