eagle mills ledge/waterfall 7/11/10

mahaffey380

Ledge at eagle mills that is a tricky section, can only try it when it has not rained in a while cause the water is down and not running down it. Last time I got to try it I broke front axle, but made it today.
ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg109_mahaffey380_4runner042.jpg

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg109_mahaffey380_4runner043.jpg

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg109_mahaffey380_4runner041.jpg

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg109_mahaffey380_4runner040.jpg

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg109_mahaffey380_4runner049.jpg

This chevy has 8" lift springs dana 60's detroits front and rear, and how those springs flex I don't know but they did. Most trouble he had was finding a line to were he could get started without the front bumper hitting
ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg109_mahaffey380_4runner051.jpg

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg109_mahaffey380_4runner052.jpg

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg109_mahaffey380_4runner053.jpg

Cool looking spot. Where is this place at? Is it private?

its at a privately owned, LEGAL per owner's permission, spot locals use for varied recreation.

Oh and Congrats Pete!! Is that the first time you made it up? Adam told me Eric's rig was pretty tough...looks pretty ballin. Maybe some 42's and a sawzall attack would put it over the top.

its at a privately owned, LEGAL per owner's permission, spot locals use for varied recreation.
Oh and Congrats Pete!! Is that the first time you made it up? Adam told me Eric's rig was pretty tough...looks pretty ballin. Maybe some 42's and a sawzall attack would put it over the top.

Yeah 1st time I tried it since that day you was there, did not want to try it again unless someone was there to get me out, I went in completly exspecting to break another front axle but I guess I done it a little smarter this time. Took a few tries but got it. Yeah Eric's rig is tough, I told him he should at least be running 38's or 39's, but he said he got a good deal on those 35's so he is running them for awhile, but bigger meat is in his future I am sure. Could not believe those 8" springs flexed, almost need to see it to believe it.

where is this at?

it's in Union Grove/hamptonville, it's a large wide spot in Hunting creek, use to be a mill there a long long time ago, big rock to jump off of and swimming hole there, and water fall to the left of the pic's. that ledge were the pics are taken I am sure is flowing fast right now with water after the storm today, don't know if it will be dry there again or not this summer, this was the 1st weekend it was dry, I go down there alot and let my dogs swim, just a cool place to play and hang out.

I think I've ridden my dirt bike on some trails up there many years ago, and been to that spot. Buddy of mine's cousin named Adam lives up that way and use to ride bikes all the time.

Back